R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for R60 AND R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

Personalizing features on the CMS All4

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 09:25 AM
ChuyLite
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personalizing features on the CMS All4

I took delivery of my 2012 CMS All4 (6M) on 12/24/2011. I was wanting to personalize the car (e.g., automatic locking, DRL, etc.). The instructions said to put in the key, hit the start button WITHOUT pushing the clutch, and then hit the button on the turn signal stalk to get into the SET mode. That part went fine, but the options described in the manual did not show up on the little screen on the tach. What was I doing wrong? Well, I decided to actually start the car (i.e., push in the clutch while hitting the START button). I pushed the button the stalk, went into the SET mode, etc. Wouldn't you know it, the options described in the manual showed up. I have now successfully personalized the features on my car, but by ignoring one of the major steps in the instructions. It seems odd to me that following the instructions in the manual was what was stopping me from personalizing the car. Has anyone else had this problem? Seems odd. SteveT

Old 01-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Magdaddy
1st Gear
the owners manual is simply pathetic. All the provided documentation provided, mentions about 5 different viscosities of synthetic oil to use. But no where, in anything...does it tell you the quantity of motor oil that the car takes. I had to call the service department to ask how much...that's just nuts.

Doesn't surprise me at all, that the manual has bad info in it.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 AM
signelf
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ChuyLite
I took delivery of my 2012 CMS All4 (6M) on 12/24/2011. I was wanting to personalize the car (e.g., automatic locking, DRL, etc.). The instructions said to put in the key, hit the start button WITHOUT pushing the clutch, and then hit the button on the turn signal stalk to get into the SET mode. That part went fine, but the options described in the manual did not show up on the little screen on the tach. What was I doing wrong? Well, I decided to actually start the car (i.e., push in the clutch while hitting the START button). I pushed the button the stalk, went into the SET mode, etc. Wouldn't you know it, the options described in the manual showed up. I have now successfully personalized the features on my car, but by ignoring one of the major steps in the instructions. It seems odd to me that following the instructions in the manual was what was stopping me from personalizing the car. Has anyone else had this problem? Seems odd. SteveT
I still have not been able to see all the options for programming the key. I picked up my car 2 weeks ago, and they programmed one key at the dealer, but I want to change it to lock when driving. Also want to program other key. I FEEL SO STUPID! I can't do it...any suggestions?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
DR61
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Magdaddy
the owners manual is simply pathetic. All the provided documentation provided, mentions about 5 different viscosities of synthetic oil to use. But no where, in anything...does it tell you the quantity of motor oil that the car takes. I had to call the service department to ask how much...that's just nuts.

Doesn't surprise me at all, that the manual has bad info in it.
So what is the magic number for oil capacity?

Old 07-05-2012, 08:14 AM
bmwr606
6th Gear
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
to get into programming mode without starting the car, step on the brake instead of the clutch!

found this out by accident, but it works every time

scott

Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Bakerbrdz
Banned
Originally Posted by dr61
so what is the magic number for oil capacity?
4.2?