R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for R60 AND R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

HELP!Mini Countryman ISSUES IN CANADA!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Alexander1602
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down HELP!Mini Countryman ISSUES IN CANADA!

SO where do I start. I got the car in Feb 2013. I had it shipped from one dealer to another because it the model I wanted ( countryman s all4 Manual with 12kms on it) and once it got to me.... it would not start. It then spent a week at the dealership where they changed the spark plugs and sent me on my way. they car worked for about a 2 weeks; when a snow storm hit and the car would not start again. it was trying to turn ver.. but would not. So off to the dealership it went again... where they had it for another 2 weeks where initially they could not find anything wrong, until the same non-starting happen to them. The DME module was then replaced, and i was sent on my way. I then asked is this normal, they could not answer me. Fine. I went along on my way. The end of may came around, and my BlueTooth and anything AUX related stopped working. the screen said "please wait" that was it. called the dealership again ... they said come in in 3 weeks! thats the next appointment we have. FINE ugggg. Dropped the car off June 18th 2013 it was a tuesday, got a call from the dealer saying that it was the communication module that went. Random I thought! they said they would order the part and I should have it by friday. ok ..... friday I called asking if i could come get the car, they said they were programming it, and that i could have it monday. Monday came and went.. called tuesday... at which point they asked if I had left the windows open in a rain storm... OR DRIVIN INTO A LAKE!.... yes thats right a lake. I went to the dealership to see what was up... they told me there was a large amount of water in the car, and they it had shorted out several items,all the electrical work may need to be pulled, and they were going to investigate. At this point i contacted mini canada and the dealership where i bought the car. I asked about lemon/ and buy backs in canada, the dealership said that would be mini canada that i would have to talk to ... and mini canada said "we don't buy back faulty cars, you have to talk to the dealership, WE JUST MAKE THE CARS WE DONT SELL THEM" I am pissed!
So they dealership where i am having it serviced gets back to me... OH yes so your car has a big leak in it.we did the recommended bmw/mini canada water testing... and IT FAILED! completely FAILED. its coming in though the doors, so its nothing you could have done, it will be all under warranty. WE dont have the parts though and they have to come from germany it will take 2 weeks to get there, and a week to instal.
EVEN MORE PISSED
I called mini canada back it which they said again i have to go to the dealerships, and they oh its under warrenty... so it will be fixed... whats the issue.
I have now gone back to the dealerships.... the one that is fixing my car... and where i bought it... both say they mini canada has to do a buy back or replacement; its not them. BUT they are more then happy to SELL me a new car....SELL me

Currently the car has bout 3100KMS on it ...

does anyone has any suggestions? had these issues?help? I didnt buy $40,000+car for this kind of sh*t service.

I am in Canada so laws here are different.
PLEASE HELP!

Old 07-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Camthewookie
3rd Gear
Is there anything like a lemon law in your area? If you don't feel like the dealership and MINI Canada are doing all they can to make things right, maybe you should contact an attorney who specializes in consumer disputes?

Old 07-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Alexander1602
Neutral
Originally Posted by Camthewookie
Is there anything like a lemon law in your area? If you don't feel like the dealership and MINI Canada are doing all they can to make things right, maybe you should contact an attorney who specializes in consumer disputes?
Sadly in Canada there is no lemon law.
I have start contacting a lawyer about it, also the dealer association, and so on ... its going to be a mess

Old 07-21-2013, 09:52 AM
youthanasia
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no lemon law, but we do have camvap

http://www.camvap.ca/

If you go through them, arbitration is legally binding after you have exhausted all your options. But don't get your hopes up for getting all your money back, you would probably have to pay for the mileage used (since you did put all that kms in the car). Hopefully you kept all your receipts and documented all your dealership visits, and kept all your correspondence. Good luck.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Alexander1602
Neutral
Originally Posted by youthanasia
There is no lemon law, but we do have camvap

http://www.camvap.ca/

If you go through them, arbitration is legally binding after you have exhausted all your options. But don't get your hopes up for getting all your money back, you would probably have to pay for the mileage used (since you did put all that kms in the car). Hopefully you kept all your receipts and documented all your dealership visits, and kept all your correspondence. Good luck.

This issue with CAMCVAP is the BMW/MINI is not a part of it.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:12 AM
pidge1114
Banned
sell the car.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 PM
youthanasia
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Alexander1602
This issue with CAMCVAP is the BMW/MINI is not a part of it.
Did you call CAMVAP?