Solo June 20th Central Louisiana Night Autocross

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:04 PM
motogeno
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
June 20th Central Louisiana Night Autocross

CENLA NIGHT EVENTS ARE BACK

New classing separates race tires from street tires!!!! Time for you guys to get out there and see what this is all about!!!!

CENLA PROMO VIDEO!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igzByTkGSQ

June 20th, 2009 at The EVO Center
Directions to EVO here
http://www.cenla-scca.org/pdf/EVO181v1directions.pdf

Set up: 2:30pm
Tech: 3:00pm-4:30pm
Drivers Meeting 5:00pm
First Car Out 5:30pm

SCCA MEMBERS $25
NON MEMBERS $35

DOUBLE ENTRY FOR SCCA MEMBERS ONLY EXTRA $20

Pre Registration at

www.dlbracing.com

(Should be up by the end of the weekend, we need to make some changes for the new classing structure)

We are doing a new classing structure that should make the weekend warrior competitive from day one..
New Cenla Classing Structure separates street tires into it's own class so you can register in BS or BSP and you will not compete against others on R Comp tires!!!

Let us know if you have any questions!!!

Chris

Old 05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
wingnut537
1st Gear
Definitely going to be trying to make this event along with an experienced Auto x buddy and his STI. Question, I have figured that I will probably be put in BS as my MINI is an 06 factory JCW but what I need to know is because its a cabrio will I have to get a harness? I thin I saw that shoulder belts were not allowed in open top cars.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:55 PM
motogeno
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wingnut537
Definitely going to be trying to make this event along with an experienced Auto x buddy and his STI. Question, I have figured that I will probably be put in BS as my MINI is an 06 factory JCW but what I need to know is because its a cabrio will I have to get a harness? I thin I saw that shoulder belts were not allowed in open top cars.
No, you're fine - you'll be in a stock class and as long as you haven't modified your seat belts there is not problem. You will be required to run with the top down unless it's raining, but other than that show up and run. Come and find me day of - there will be lots of experienced drivers there if you need help or suggestions. My name is Chris, and I'm driving a dark gray RX8 (I sold the Mini recently but still love them).

Old 06-19-2009, 03:17 AM
wingnut537
1st Gear
Well it looks like its just me and my wife for this, my buddy with the STI cant make it because his daughter has a play. Anyway looking forward to tomorrow should be alot of fun (better be I had to take off work and its a 3 hour drive to get there).

Old 06-19-2009, 07:54 AM
motogeno
2nd Gear
Well it looks like its just me and my wife for this, my buddy with the STI cant make it because his daughter has a play. Anyway looking forward to tomorrow should be alot of fun (better be I had to take off work and its a 3 hour drive to get there).
It will be worth it! I drive to different parts of the state to autocross, and many guys in our region are nationally competitive and drive all over the country. Where are you coming in from?

Old 06-19-2009, 02:13 PM
wingnut537
1st Gear
Originally Posted by motogeno
It will be worth it! I drive to different parts of the state to autocross, and many guys in our region are nationally competitive and drive all over the country. Where are you coming in from?

Fort Polk, Leesville area

Old 06-22-2009, 07:36 AM
motogeno
2nd Gear
Fort Polk, Leesville area
Thanks for coming out on Saturday and it was great meeting you! You improved significantly from your first to your last run so that should be very encouraging! Next time maybe I'll be able to take you for a ride with me, and we certainly hope to see you out there again. For all things autocross in Louisiana and the surrounding area go to www.autoxforum.com. We'll have results up on there and www.cenla-scca.org.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 AM
wingnut537
1st Gear
Chris,

Thanks again for all the help! Will be doing this more for sure. The saturday events are going to be hard to make it to because of work. Between missing work and the other costs of attending it cost a little of $300 for me to be there and it was worth every penny but, I cant justify doing it often. I will be at every sunday event within driving distance though.

Thanks again
Les

P.S. we need to get EVO to install some sort of outdoor air conditioning it was fricken hot!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 AM
motogeno
2nd Gear
Chris,

Thanks again for all the help! Will be doing this more for sure. The saturday events are going to be hard to make it to because of work. Between missing work and the other costs of attending it cost a little of $300 for me to be there and it was worth every penny but, I cant justify doing it often. I will be at every sunday event within driving distance though.

Thanks again
Les

P.S. we need to get EVO to install some sort of outdoor air conditioning it was fricken hot!
Hey, just so you know we only do 2 Saturday events a year (the night events). The rest are on Sundays. I usually can't make Saturday events either as I'm a wedding photographer, but I just so happened to be off for this one. All clubs in Louisiana do the vast majority of their events on Sundays so you should be alright, although expect to leave early in the morning as registration is usually closed by 9:00 - 9:30am. Glad to hear you'll be making more!