1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member from Denmark

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 10:39 PM
ULTIMATEMINI
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from Denmark

Hi everybody,
Since two weeks I'm the proud owner of a new white silver MCS 6 spd. man. It's my third MINI, my previous MINI was a volcanic orange F56 Cooper.
The new one has the JCW Pro tuning kit and exhaust and is a blast. Inspired by this forum I have made a couple of modifications to it myself. I replaced the factory gear shifter with the JCW gear shifter, and changed the regular pedals with the JCW racing pedals. I replaced the factory wheels with O.Z. racing 17 x 7.5 Leggera HLT Gloss Black rims ET 50 with 215/45 Michelin Cup Sport 2 tires which is greatly improved grip in good weather (wet weather performance not fantastic though pretty good for a tack tire). I do expect the tires to wear out relatively fast in everyday use but at least I will have massive grip and fun in the process.
The information on NAM was very helpful when ordering the car and choosing from the myriad of options. Where I live one needs to be careful deciding on factory fitted options since we have a government that imposes a 187.5 % tax on cars including factory fitted options. So I have been a bit careful in the process and limited myself to: sunroof (must have), LED lights (the regular on my previous Cooper gave poor road elimination), lights package (to get the airliner cockpit style overhead switches), visual boost radio, Bluetooth package, armrest, multifunction sports steering wheel (MINI Yours). The steering wheel has silver stitches and piano black spokes so the color theme of the car became silver with black contrast from the roof, wheels, racing stripes and piano black door trim panels. I'm quitehappy with the result.

I look forward to sharing my experiences with the others on this forum and continue to learn from the experiences of others

Attached Thumbnails New member from Denmark-mcs-1.jpg  
Old 04-25-2016, 09:09 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Hello and congrats.

Love to see MINIs from Denmark. Do you have any more pics, mods in mind ?

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-25-2016, 10:39 PM
ULTIMATEMINI
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks.

I am planning to replace my present three toggle switch unit in the center console (I neither have the heads up nor the parking sensor) with a switch unit with 5 toggle switches (I believe this to be part nr. 61319328290) because I like the look of a complete array of 5 toggle switches. So it will be OK with me if I get two additional dummy toggle switches.

Do you know how the switch unit is replaced, i.e. which of the parts need to be removed and what kind of tools are needed? Does the LED ring need to come off first, followed by the central instrument and air conditioning control, i.e. a top to bottom process or can the switch unit be removed without much hassle?

Further, I hope to figure out a way to assign the additional "dummy" toggle switches a new (old) function: to operate the power windows, like in the R56. For the reprogramming I will need some help from a NAM member skilled in electronic/programming and to find out if the wiring in my MCS is suitable for the purpose.

I haven't taken any pictures of the interior yet but attach two more pictures of the exterior.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:08 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Congratulations on the purchase. Love the color theme.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST