1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rejoining the Mini Family

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 06:56 AM
NikiMae31
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rejoining the Mini Family

Hello all! My name is Niki, and I'm finally rejoining the Mini family after 5 long years away. I've owned two Minis in the past, but sold my 2007 MCS in 2011 because I needed a bigger car. I bought a Jeep Cherokee (which we used to move from NH to IA), huge difference from my Mini, and have owned a Gran Prix and a Toyota Matrix. I still have the Matrix, but was planning on getting second car, most likely Mini, once I graduate nursing school in the spring. My hubby and I had figured it would be a good time, as a graduation present and a new great paying job present. Well on Saturday we were driving by our local used car place where I bought my last two cars, and I almost turned around in my seat and yelled "MINI!" We thought the dealership was closed, so we pulled in and wanted to just peak at it. One of the salesmen came out asking if we wanted to test drive it, yeah of course! Turns out it was a local trade in the night before, they didn't even have time to clean it yet. It is a 2008 MCS, auto with step, leather seats, Dark Silver Metallic with a black roof, with only 53k miles. I know the previous owner, and chatted with her. It has been garaged every winter, and only serviced by Mini mechanics. While it isn't the manual I want, very very hard to pass up on the deal like that. Applied and got approved for the loan. We'll be picking it up tonight or tomorrow, because I'm working today, blah! No pics yet, but I will be posting once I get it in my hands!

Old 07-19-2016, 06:59 AM
TrueEddie
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome back! Look forward to the pictures

Old 07-19-2016, 10:23 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
R56

Congrats! Looking forward to some pictures, and feel free to ask any and all questions. We've been working on these for over 40 years, street and track!

It will be interesting to see if any modifications were made by the previous owners, like a cold air intake, Sprint Booster to fix the MINI throttle lag, or anything with suspension/brake/exhaust.

Or recommendation: make sure everything is in great shape and spot on before considering mods. Here is a handy service and maintenance guide that will help. plus we have videos and articles:

http://new.minimania.com/Mini_Cooper...for_Gen2_Minis

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:12 PM
NikiMae31
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of my new to me 2008 MCS! I'm in love with it! Can't wait to start modding it. Not sure where I want to start.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:26 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
'08 mcs

VERY nice, Niki I can see why you are excited!

We have some articles and guides to help you with various stages of modification. Just take one step at a time. Check the maintenance and service guide we listed before doing anything. I'd probably start with a cold air intake, sprint booster, and/or ECU upgrade.

But, one thing at a time. Here are the article links:

http://new.minimania.com/Mini_Cooper..._for_your_Mini

We're here to help, so feel free to ask any questions about any of the modification stages and items

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.