1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi from Brisbane Australia

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 03:58 AM
Mini mikelee
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi from Brisbane Australia

Bought a 2012 Mini Cooper S Coupe a month ago. Will be doing more traveling next year and wanted something fun to drive. When I saw the Coupe it took me back to my first car, a 10 year old min MkIII.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats mike, please post some pix when you can! Any questions, please ask, and we have lots of application and upgrade guides on our website that may help you and your R58! Any mods planned?

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:01 AM
Mini mikelee
Neutral

My 2012 Mini Cooper S Coupe. Pepper white with black stripes and black roof with white stripes. N18 Satnav. <br/>My GFB DV+ arrived and will fit it next week. Wife says midlife crisis, I say reliving my first car. <br/>A white mini mkIII with black roof. 998cc with lots of mods.

Cream white full leather. Black interior

Old 12-12-2016, 11:27 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,023 Likes on 1,817 Posts
Hello,

Nice "MINI Yours" interior. I have a R58 Coupe' also. Great MINI.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 12-12-2016, 09:21 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
R58

Very nice, what a beaut! Great that you had a MKIII, too.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 12-13-2016, 03:07 AM
Mini mikelee
Neutral
@MiniMania .Your red one is pretty cool too. I've been to Nevada City many years ago when I was at Grass Valley on training. I have a GFB DV+ recommend by my brother who has AudiS3. I was going to fit it but I'm losing water, about 1/4 pint, 250ml a week. MiniGarage say it the water pump, so it's going back to the dealers mechanics as they gave me a 3 month warranty.
@ECSTuning thanks. Been looking at the Schwaben on your site and the review, but not sure it'll do what I want. Want to remove the stupid safety warning that needs the joystick to be pressed to clear.
I have upgraded the maps to 2017, Got an FSC for5 upgrades and the map for AU$105 and they give a free future map as well, while BMW want AU$150.
Also in Australia Mini connected is disabled. The dealer quotes silly things about the network unable to cope?
Other mods will wait. I need to read more on this forum.

Regards Mike

Old 12-13-2016, 01:39 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,023 Likes on 1,817 Posts
Welcome, " Want to remove the stupid safety warning that needs the joystick to be pressed to clear. " I have that and I dont think it can be cleared as it safety.

The schwaben tool is a very in depth MINI / BMW level diagnostic tool. Not so much a coding tool.

That's werid about the MINI connected, never heard that being an issue down there.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172