1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings (with images)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 06:43 AM
ST3ALTHPSYCH0
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Greetings (with images)

Hello all. About a month ago I found an R50 at a used lot for a song (and the necessity of wheel bearings and a crack in the windscreen even took a few measures off that song!). Since then I have garnered much info concerning my new toy from these forums (thank you so much), but have come up w/ an idea/question that I can't answer via simple browsing and searching as a guest.

Obviously, my question will be directed to the 1st gen forum, but now for the promised pix!

Aftermarket rims on the vehicle when I got it!

Since then I've installed a SRI (will be CAI once I get time to fab up a bay shield) and new plugs w/ NGK wires (Half OEM crank vent hose has been replaced w/ blue silicon tubing):

Last weekend I got my B&M clone eBay SS installed (along w/ 465g shift ball)

Of course, 14 years of North Central driving being what it is, the muffler hangers gave up the ghost while I was taking the bolts out of the cat flange, so I'm currently rocking a resonated hater pipe and have an exhaust shop mandrel bending me a custom 2.25" cat back. I'm doing away w/ resonator and installing a 31" glasspack between the front vibration isolators and the first bend. Based on how it sound w/ resonator only, it should have a really nice tone.

Not on the car, but I did have to refurb my key fob (huge shout out to valvashon for his thread on that). Required new shell and microswitch (also, dealer only had one key... wish I would have realized during the negotiations.... would've asked for another $350 off the sticker for that).

Anyway, ohai to all. Shout out to IN members. And now I'm off to the R50 board RE:my question.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:35 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 180 Likes on 168 Posts
Welcome.

Hmmm, heated seats....

GEN1s forever!

Motor On!

Old 05-01-2017, 10:42 AM
ST3ALTHPSYCH0
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JABowders
Welcome.

Hmmm, heated seats....

GEN1s forever!

Motor On!
Only bad thing is the >$200 price tag to replace the mirror adjustment switch if you have other goodies... Looks like I'll have to hope there's a close color of silver in Krylon Fusion!!

Old 05-01-2017, 10:52 AM
RB-MINI
6th Gear
Received 507 Likes on 419 Posts
Welcome!

There are a few MINI's being parted out on the forum that might have a good switch panel for cheap.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:04 AM
ST3ALTHPSYCH0
3rd Gear
Ooo!! Duh, I never thought about grabbing a switch from a partout :facepalm:

Old 05-04-2017, 12:37 PM
ST3ALTHPSYCH0
3rd Gear
So next non maintenance mod is well underway.

Turns out that the career center has not yet gotten around to plumbing their new hydraulic bender. So one of our students bent it by hand to match the input, output and bends of the factory muffler. It's more crushed than I was hoping, but less so than cheap crush bent box store fittings. If all goes well, I may get my new exhaust welded in this weekend!