JCW FUCHIKOMA is go

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 04:54 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
FUCHIKOMA is go

I've posted a few pics in other related threads but I'll start collecting photos and build updates here.

2019 JCW F56 (in the first build week, which was neat)
custom build, done prior to the new packages and options being released so it was a brute-force configuration we did at the dealership, based on specific options I wanted. So I got a few things I hadn't planned on, because of either the JCW base options or the packages installed. I haven't gone back and looked at the new packages, officially, so I'm not sure how it panned out in the spec but I wanted:
-Moonroof, because California
-HK Upgrade, because music
-MCS vinyl seats in lieu of cool JCW cloth seats, because kids and pets (I know, controversial)

Got some fun stuff that was unplanned, like the folding mirrors, heated seats, etc.

I only had it for a few weeks before I had to skip to Asia for a site visit for 11 days, and just got back this weekend. So it's still very new to me.

I will say, this being my 5th MINI, and the first JCW... I wish i went this route a long time ago. I always either wanted to build spec upgrades third party (first gen, first of my second gen) and later cheaped out (the second 2nd gen, the first 3rd gen)... but man, I do love that JCW vibe. It's a fun car right out of the gate bone stock.

Mods so far, at the time of this writing:

- AWE S-Flow CAI
- Dinan Sport module
- tint tint tint

Mods in process:

- BC coilovers
- NM Rear Sway

More to come...

Old 05-31-2018, 05:05 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Looking good.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-31-2018, 09:50 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
Love that color. I bet the Dinan makes it even better. And the sway bar. One thing I noticed about my friend's 2016 MCS was the body roll cornering compared with my car (factory sport suspension which I think you could have gotten for free).

Old 06-04-2018, 11:21 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The suspension on the JCW is definitely better than the MCS had, though I still prefer the low and tight feel. I'm still waiting for some of the parts before I do the drop. Just got the spacers for the wheels, necessary with these coilovers.

The Dinan is definitely a noticeable kick in an already peppy ride. I really liked my NM module which I used on the MCS (and regret selling) so I may try to pick one up again, for comparative use. The Dinan is more user-powerful, with multiple boost settings, which are bluetooth-adjustable from within the car, which is a great touch.

I love the CAI, though of course now I worry about the temperature of the air its gobbling up. As I did with every other car I put these on, ha!

Old 06-04-2018, 02:55 PM
erdalozan
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks great.

The following users liked this post:
thirdraildesignlab (06-07-2018)