Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

Rules For Posting About Services Relevant to MINI Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 01:05 PM
wmba
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rules For Posting About Services Relevant to MINI Owners

Hi Guys.

Got a quick question. I don't want to get myself in trouble here, as I love this board!

But, I do have information that may be of interest to fellow MINI owners who are in the Connecticut area regarding indoor winter storage for thier cars. My brother is the owner of an indoor vehicle storage company, and is is willing to offer a slight discount to NAM members and MINI owners. But before I go and get myself in trouble by posting the specifics, I wanted to make sure that I am allowed to do so.

I don't personally make any money off this, and the only reason I want to post it here is because it is my brother's company, and he is willing to offer a little bit of a discount my fellow NAM members.

So would a moderator please let me know what I can do with this?

Thanks!

Old 12-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
We typically require some form of agreement prior to promoting a product or service on NAM. That said if you could have your brother use the Contact Us form I would be happy to follow up with him to see if there is something we can arrange.

Thanks!

Mark

Old 12-16-2004, 02:51 PM
wmba
3rd Gear
Hi Mark! I don't think we have ever spoken directly before.

Anyway.. what kind of agreement would you be looking for. I don't think my brother was looking to do anything too serious. I was just talking to him about how I am a member of a MINI forum. He thought that was cool and simply said "if any of your friends in the MINI group ever need car storage, I will offer them a discount"

It was a very casual conversation, and my brother was not really asking me to advertise his service. He was just willing to offer a small discount to any of the MINI people that I am involved with online. So I don't think he wanted to do anything formal.

I can ask him if he would want to.. but what would that require on your end?

Thanks!
Bill