JL Audio needs an R56 owner in Miramar, Florida!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:12 PM
310mini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JL Audio needs an R56 owner in Miramar, Florida!!

JL Audio is ready to do a Stealthbox subwoofer re-design for the R56 MINIs!!

I'm an owner of an '07 MCS with a JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer. I'm very happy with the sound quality (clean, accurate bass); however, I'm less than thrilled with the looks and fit - because it was designed for the R53 MINIs. I have it despite the fit problem because I use my remaining cargo area often and needed the sub protected. I also didn't want to pay big bucks for a custom fiberglass enclosure.

Anyway, I recently contacted JL Audio to complain about the lack of compact sub enclosure choices for R56 owners and they have been AMAZINGLY responsive! Incredible customer service! The guy I spoke with listened to my concerns and asked for photos of my install/fit problems. Surprisingly, he called me back the very next day and said they will look into it, that my concern wasn't falling on deaf ears. We exchanged a number of emails. I didn't know if I would ever hear back or not.

Well, he just contacted me again and he said their R & D Department is ready to do a re-design for the R56 MINIs!! I couldn't believe it !! But here's the thing... they need to borrow a MINI (2007 or 2008) for a day or two in order to take measurements.

I would gladly let them have my car but I'm all the way across the country in Los Angeles. So he asked if I could post this on the national forums. Also, I already asked about local MINI dealers near JL but he said dealers are not very cooperative with them. (Makes sense, dealers don't want to support the design of aftermarket stuff because then they make less money on factory installed options.)

So here's the info:
The car needs to go to the JL Audio factory in Miramar, FL (Broward County, I believe). They need an '07 or an '08 MINI (not a Clubman) for a day or two. The boot area will have to be partially taken apart in order to take measurements for the prototype enclosure. Then they will need the car again several months down the road to check the install of the final product. The person will get a free re-designed Stealthbox for loaning the car. Any other details would need to be worked out between the two parties.

Hopefully someone out there is interested. JL makes a high quality product and this is a great opportunity to get a better design for the 2nd gen MINIs!!

If you're interested, please let me know and I will give you the particulars as far as who to contact at JL.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:35 AM
ludikrisspeed
1st Gear
Wow... Do they want a Clubbie? I'm 15 minutes from Miramar, and just ordered a Clubman... I'll have it in 6 weeks if they are interested.
Sounds like an amazing deal for anyone that can be without their car for a couple days.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:18 PM
310mini
1st Gear
Hi -

No, the deal is just for the R56 MINI - sorry. But that's nice of you to offer... an R56 owner near you already responded and is working with them. But since you're so close you could check them out as well... maybe they'll do a design for the Clubbie!!

Old 11-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Mini for life!
3rd Gear
i have a 07 r56 if you guys need anything just PM me and we can talk more about this xD