Servicing my 05 S in Orange County, CA

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:57 PM
SoCalSam
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Servicing my 05 S in Orange County, CA

So I'm at about 71K and need an oil change. Upon calling Irvine MINI, which is about 5 minutes from where I work, I find @ 70K its due for a pretty extensive service. Usually takes 5 hours the service rep told me. So far, so good. Then he tells me its $1100 for the service. I want this done right however there's a few things I want some advice on before I go forward.

Firstly, the last time my MINI needed an oil change I was referred to a 76 station where my boss had taken his M3 and other BMW vehicles he owned. However, they messed up and didn't do the change right. This lead to leaking tons and tons oil until making turns led to a service light. I brough it in to the dealer and the fixed it right up, for $175, which is their charge for an oil change.

Because of the bad experience I'm a tad "gun shy" about bringing my MINI anywhere but the dealer. However, $1100 is a lot of money for a service. But I don't know what exactly needs doing because I haven't been able to find a good resource for service timings on the first generation MINIs. Nothing I can find in the manuals I have. I would want that information because going somewhere besides the dealership for a service. I'd also like a referral to someone in the Orange County, CA area if anyone has one.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:10 PM
DaveC
2nd Gear
If you don't mind the drive, you can't go wrong with Steve's Auto Clinic, but it's waaaaaayyyy up the 405 north of LA.

Not quite in OC, but in the LB area is Johnny's Auto Clinic which has a great reputation. Our MINI just went off off warranty and we'll no doubt be needing some work sometime soon, planning to check them out sometime if we can't make it up to Steve's.

If you wanted to stay in OC proper, I got a card on my windshield from these guys:
http://hbmini.com/

Haven't checked them out yet but they're supposed to be a BMW/MINI only shop. Just don't know what their reputation is. Anyone check them out yet?

Dave

Old 04-21-2009, 12:53 AM
AudioNToxication
5th Gear
There is also EF1 in Long Beach, just a few blocks away from Long Beach Mini. I've used them several times and have been pleased.