Good service at Crevier

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Grimace
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good service at Crevier

Even though I live in Pasadena, I chose to make the drive down to Crevier (in Santa Ana) for my 10,000 mile oil change. Jerks at Assael (ten minutes away) can't even answer the phone, so I got up before dawn to start the drive to my 7 AM appointment at Crevier (which took just a few minutes to arrange on the phone earlier this week. I even got an email confirmation).

I was waaay late, traffic was a beeeeotch, but they still took me right away, did the work, flashed the software, tightened up my loose exhaust heat shield that was rattling, and sent me on my way before 10:30 AM. Easy, quick, and I'd actually forgotten that it was part of the free scheduled maintenance. A bill for $0? Sweet.

Dealers often get shafted on websites (I often lead the charge), but Crevier service did me right and they deserve a props. Definitely worth the painful morning traffic crawl.

Old 10-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Rick-Anderson
6th Gear
That is good to hear. I was not too pleased with my last service there but I am looking forward to the next one. Their sales staff is great and I hope that I can say the same about their service in the future.

Old 10-14-2004, 06:41 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
I just had my 04 MCS serviced at Crevier at 43,000 - 7:00 a.m. on Friday (got up EARLY as I live in Lakeside {by San Diego} and drove the 1 1/2 hours north. Got an oil change, fixed back bumper trim by exhaust (it was loose), replaced front hood grill pieces, coin holder broken / replaced. Checking out the transmission.

I was waiting until they said they were replacing the transmission and gave me a loaner. They overnighted a trany in and got it at noon Sat. Put it in and finished at 6:00 p.m. Sat. I picked my car up Sunday at the MINI side and turned in the loaner.

My Bill ??? ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING, NOT A PENNY.

I'm happy :smile: :smile:

Oh, did I mention I have a couple of mods ??

Like: ALTA PULLEY, ALTA INTAKE, THROTTLE BODY, PLUGS, WIRES,
COIL PACK, SSR COMP WHEELS, MILLTECK SPORT CATBACK , H-SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS,P/S FAN COVER, H-SPORT REAR SWAY BAR, H-SPORT CONTROL ARMS, UNICHIP ECU, WHALEN SHIFT ****, WEBB’s STAGE ONE BRAKES, AUTO UP WINDOWS, VOICE OPERATED GPS SYSTEM.

Don't think I forgot anything but probably did.

Since none of this had any effect on the front bearing it did not matter but they never said anything trying to get out of doing the right thing so there was no fight!!

Earl

Old 10-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Grimace
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 10851CS
Oh, did I mention I have a couple of mods ??
Yep, that's another reason I wanted to go to them. From many posts here at NAM, Crevier seems to have a reputation for being mod-friendly.

Nice list of mods, I'm about to take the pulley plunge myself.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:42 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Randy Webb did my pulley, throttle body, and intake in Vegas last year . I'm very happy with it. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

I would recommend it to anyone.

Earl

Old 10-14-2004, 09:06 PM
El Diablito Rojo-N20Mini
Banned
I have to say that my experience at Crevier is the worst possible.....

they told me I needed my software replaced... I said it runs great and have had zero problems.... insisted it needs replaced and like a fool I let them

car ran absolutely terrible... no way in hell they drove my car to make sure it was right... in fact... my car had 2miles less on it when I got it back... go figure

brought the car back and this time they loaded the new JCW software... still isnt right.... yo-yo-s and bogs still..... I swear to God I will never let any dealer touch my car again for software

Then they looked at my car for what I really brought it in for... the radio

wasn't working and I wanted to make sure it wasnt the head unit before I put in the Pioneer AVIC N1 system..... they call me up and say its messed up because of the wiring for the aftermarket gauges... says it will be $350 to fix it... I said forget it.... took it to Best Buy to have Pioneer installed... found out the speaker in the door had shorted out... had nothing to do with the gauge wiring..... SIGH***

Old 10-24-2004, 11:35 AM
REDWORF
2nd Gear
Crevier Service

I too drove from Pasadena to Crevier for my 10,000 mile service. I purchased the car (used with 8,000 miles) there and felt I had a good rapport with the salesperson (Kirk) who provided excellent follow-up to my pestering little issues after the sale. In particular, my gas mileage was off and they took care of upgrading the chip and/or software which got the car back up over 31 mpg (and it is an S with a JCW kit).

They also said nothing about my Alta intake, Alta short shifter, or Magnacore wires during the service.

I also like the fact that they have internet access in the waiting room. Perhaps the others do as well but since I generally opt to wait while the car is being serviced, I can work, take care of e-mail, and cruise North American Motoring while I wait.

K. F. Duke

Old 10-24-2004, 11:43 AM
speltzer
5th Gear
Now if they would only SELL new Mini's for what they are worth...MSRP! They are still marking up cars very high over sticker.