List Of Dealers/Markups In CA FYI

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 10:51 AM
plugot
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DiD
From talking to them about it, MINI of Pittsburgh will handle the shipping arrangements and they ship with closed transport.
That is truly an exceptional deal as a closed transport from say Pittsburgh to Los Angeles is going to run about $1500.00. If that's true, then I don't know why anyone would hesitate to buy from them instead of the greedy CalPigs.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:03 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
The only two downsides I see to purchasing out of state are that a lot of SoCal dealers don't give out service loaners if you didn't buy your car from them and that the out of state purchase method doesn't really work that well if you have a car you want to trade.

I still would check out South Bay MINI since they sell at MSRP and have had a shorter waitlist than Long Beach.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:43 AM
UncleCreamy
Neutral
6 Hours...

After 6 hours, I got Bob Smith down to $1,200 over MSRP for an S.

Old 05-11-2005, 12:37 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Was at Becht's two weeks ago - no markup on convertibles on the lot and, if I remember correctly, $2600 on an MCS and $1400 on an MC but I may be way off on those figures.

I bought my current MCS from Scottsdale, AZ and might go there again for my next one.

Old 05-11-2005, 01:41 PM
dragonwang
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This may be a late reply, but I'll try anyways.

I bought my 05 MCS last November for MSRP from South Bay MINI and recently took my car in to have it serviced. They provided free loaners with the selection of a MC, 325i, and X3. Needless to say, I chose the latter since it's more unique. It was fun driving it for a day.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:26 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
I still would check out South Bay MINI since they sell at MSRP and have had a shorter waitlist than Long Beach.
I finally placed an order with South Bay, got a July production date and MSRP for the price. But since placing the order I've heard nothing from them, no response to my emails, phone calls, they said they would send me brochures and I've received nothing. Maybe its a blip but the feeling I have is that they have my order and really don't care after that. Except that after 10 days they still haven't charged my credit card so they don't have any money yet :smile:

I hope my experience is unique but maybe customer service is what the $2600 markup elsewhere is for?

Old 06-21-2005, 12:19 PM
am0eba
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It has taken MINI USA forever to contact me, but Jamie and Jennifer at South Bay have treated me very well. Try phoning if you need info. I found that there was sometimes much better info on the web than is available to the dealership at some points in the process. If you have a production number, you can call 1-866-ASK-MINI (1-866-275-6464, for those that don't numerate per rotary dial phone letters). You can also check in with the Owner's Lounge at MINIUSA for more info, including production dates, status of your order, etc. You'll probably find somewhere alon g the way that you can't get the info you want, but it's not necessarily the dealer's fault.

By the way, I hear that custom-orders placed now for an MCS at South Bay ar August production/October delivery. Longer wait than it was, but still shorter than anywhere else for MSRP!

_Dave_

Old 06-21-2005, 12:37 PM
rlfletch
2nd Gear
I just had my first service at South Bay. Excellent, with a hassle free loaner program and the only parts counter I've ever seen that looked like a coffee bar. I too had some difficulty getting answers during the purchase wait but all was good in the end. The best dealership experience I have had.

Old 06-22-2005, 12:57 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rlfletch
I too had some difficulty getting answers during the purchase wait but all was good in the end. The best dealership experience I have had.
I'm not after details of the order - so far I've not received any receipt or confirmation that I ever ordered anything. I do have a production number from MINI USA so it does look like I do have something coming but two weeks after placing the order I would have expected some paperwork in the mail.

Also, I persuaded a friend place an order from them last week - he has a production date of September! - and he already received his deposit receipt, confirmation of order etc. But his advisor is Freddie who has been great about returning calls. I'm yet to hear from Jamie, ever.

I'm sure everything is going through but when you are ordering 'long distance' its good to get confirmation of these things, can't just pop in to check. Plus I want to make a change to the spec which needs to be done asap as I have a July production date. Maybe I should call a different advisor??

Btw I agree that Jennifer is great but she is out until the 30th or I would have spoken to her by now.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:05 PM
rlfletch
2nd Gear
If you have an order change I wouldn't hesitate to call someone else ASAP, try Freddie. Jennifer handled my order and Freddie the delivery, both were great. I was having trouble getting e-mail from/to them because of their server for some reason.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:27 PM
minimonkey
4th Gear
At the end of the month (last couple days) most dealers will give you a better deal on any car in stock. Alot of times they will completely drop the mark-up, and sell at MSRP - but only the last few days of the month and only on cars in-stock.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:40 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rlfletch
If you have an order change I wouldn't hesitate to call someone else ASAP, try Freddie. Jennifer handled my order and Freddie the delivery, both were great. I was having trouble getting e-mail from/to them because of their server for some reason.
Exactly, call someone else then. Freddie wasn't always around when I dealt with them so I contacted Jennifer as needed - there must be someone else acting as the manager that you can reach. When I changed the spec I faxed it there asap since it was so close to production and I followed up until I was sure everything went through and that I got the contract with the final price and spec faxed back. In the end I'd rather take the time to cover things and be a pain then leave it uncertain relying on other people - heckl I'd rather that then pay them over MSRP :smile:

Old 06-22-2005, 03:35 PM
MiniBruiser
1st Gear
ukpylot --

What did you order and when did you place the order? I put down a $1000 deposit on a MCS last week at South Bay and received a receipt (they already charged my credit card) but I don't have a production number ---- they said Oct/Nov for delivery and that was about it. "4-5 month wait" for a Cooper S was what I was quoted. I didn't even plan on calling them until next month to see how far I'd moved up in line to order...

Old 06-22-2005, 04:03 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
I ordered an MCS convertible, phoned it in on 6/10, was told a July production date, received a production number on the 11th from MINI USA so I am pretty confident that the order is going ahead in July. But my credit card has not been charged and I've had no receipt of what I ordered.

I don't mind them messing up the paperwork so much, its the not returning my emails and phone calls that annoy me, especially as I need to change the seat fabric or the car will be undriveable when I get it! I foolishly ordered leatherette when I live in a place where its 110 in the summer - I won't be able to put my bum down on the seat!

Paul

Old 07-07-2005, 04:06 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Just an update since I didn't want to leave this thread hanging negatively. Since Jennifer came back from her vacation I've had excellent treatment from South Bay MINI, so I'll put their lack of communication down to a unique glitch in the system while she was gone. Yeah it was frustrating but I do believe it wasn't indicative of the dealership. So if you've been put off South Bay MINI by my questions here, I say don't be.

Old 07-30-2005, 08:22 PM
JordanJanine
1st Gear
Alexander Mini NEW COLORS ARE OUT 2006

I went down to alexander mini to order my new MCS 2006 and saw three new colors, Solar REd, which is really sexy, Navy GREY and a Blue one anyway the mark up was 2,000.00. What I was looking to order was 29 grand out the door with taxes and everything. I have an MC right now 05 that I love, I'm just missing that 53 extra horsepower :( I was going to leave a check for a deposit but I'm torn, between a bigger montly payment....... My sales guy Jarod is really lovely... cute to boot, but I just couldn't do it.... I don't know what to do. The new red is darker and metallic and it comes with a light silver roof.. HOT sh....

Old 07-30-2005, 10:29 PM
am0eba
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hey JJ, how long did alexander say it would take to order the '06 S? I was just down at South Bay MINI yesterday, and asked Jennifer about the wait for an MCS. She said orders taken now are expected to arrive in November. 3 months may seem like a long wait, but it's shorter than most places that don't mark up the price.

_Dave_

Old 07-31-2005, 09:25 AM
JordanJanine
1st Gear

I was told it would take 10 weeks. Don't know if that was a reliable answer but that's what was said.

Old 07-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Col.Bobby
2nd Gear
and how about BELOW MSRP, anywhere?

One of our PDXmini members here in Portland, OR did not want to wait 10 months to get her 05 MCS from the local dealer, so she bought one from a dealer in Chicago for $2,000 below MSRP.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by am0eba
Hey JJ, how long did alexander say it would take to order the '06 S? I was just down at South Bay MINI yesterday, and asked Jennifer about the wait for an MCS. She said orders taken now are expected to arrive in November. 3 months may seem like a long wait, but it's shorter than most places that don't mark up the price.

_Dave_
When I went for a test drive a few weeks ago at South Bay, they told me the wait for an '06 MCS was 5 months (December delivery date). Personally, I'd rather pay for an out of state car to be shipped if I could get it here in 5-6 weeks versus waiting 5 months.

Old 08-09-2005, 06:03 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 993
When I went for a test drive a few weeks ago at South Bay, they told me the wait for an '06 MCS was 5 months (December delivery date). Personally, I'd rather pay for an out of state car to be shipped if I could get it here in 5-6 weeks versus waiting 5 months.
I don't get it - the 06s aren't being built until October right? December delivery would be the soonest timeframe from that point to the West Coast/Cali as I recall, so its not an unreasonable wait or anything...

Old 08-09-2005, 06:38 PM
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by eVal
I don't get it - the 06s aren't being built until October right? December delivery would be the soonest timeframe from that point to the West Coast/Cali as I recall, so its not an unreasonable wait or anything...
Sorry, I meant to add that any car ordered in July would take 5 months. My statement should have read 05/06 cars, not just the 06s.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:04 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 993
Sorry, I meant to add that any car ordered in July would take 5 months. My statement should have read 05/06 cars, not just the 06s.
I see, guess being a good dealership has made them a bit busy
:smile: I just know that from the date of the start of production it took almost 2 months to reach the dealership for me (each varies a bit depending on how long it takes to get on a boat once it reaches Southhampton - the dealers can't really promise anything with that issue)

Old 08-09-2005, 07:24 PM
ATCQL
5th Gear
Ordered my Mini from Mini of the Hamptons on Jan.21,delivered Mar.18, by covered transport.Still managed to save 700 dollars,no hassle with DMV.

Old 08-09-2005, 08:33 PM
kartman
1st Gear
I would never ever buy from Niello MINI - Sacramento ever again even if they took off $5,000 off the car. When I got mine from them they changed the price after I order it. when I went to pay for the car it was $ 800.00 more & they said take it or leave it.

Quick Reply: List Of Dealers/Markups In CA FYI