that where i got mine
no mark-up
excellent service

Old 02-16-2006, 06:37 AM
ranchopam
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My votes goes to Long Beach Mini

They were really great. Delivered my Mini to me at my home in Eagle Rock. There's something kinda great about looking out your window and seeing your new car drive up. Bobby who delivered it couldn't have been nicer or more informational.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Far
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CapWKidd
Universal $4,000.00
Irvine $1,500.00
Crevier $1,500.00
Long Beach $0
Assael MINI Monrovia $2,000.00
Southbay $0
Bob Smith $3,000.00
Brecht MINI - San Diego $1,800.00
Niello MINI - Sacramento $2,495.00
MOUNTAIN VIEW MINI $2,500.00
EAST BAY MINI $0
SAN FRANCISCO MINI $2,500.00
MINI OF CONCORD $2,700.00

Only Nick Alexander MINI would not say over the phone what their
markup was. 3 of the dealers do not even have a markup.
I'm not sure when this was posted but aside from the two with no markups, when I called all of them said 1K mark up.. However when I showed up.. it went up to 4K... and that's why I bought my MINI elsewhere

Old 02-28-2006, 11:53 AM
mnxmini
1st Gear
There was probably a misunderstanding on the phone and you were quoted a markup for a MC, when what you really meant was an MCS. MCS markup is always higher, although $4K vs. $1K is a bit high (not unheard of though).

Kudos again to CappKidd for compiling the list! You've undoubtedly helped many MINI owners get their dream car for a price they were willing to pay.

Originally Posted by Far
I'm not sure when this was posted but aside from the two with no markups, when I called all of them said 1K mark up.. However when I showed up.. it went up to 4K... and that's why I bought my MINI elsewhere

Old 03-05-2006, 08:35 AM
shiftyjw
Neutral
Assael Mini - No markup

Everyone,

Just picked up my 2006 MCS Convertible at Assael Mini in Monrovia. Ordered it in second week of January. 7 weeks order to door.

No mark-up over MSRP. Easy buying experience.

Sales guy was Leon Levy, did everything over the phone except for sign papers.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:48 PM
mnxmini
1st Gear
Congrats shifty on getting yours at MSRP with super-short wait.

I wonder how much ordering the convertible in January had to do with it. If Assael is doing MSRP for MCS hardtops and less than 2 months wait, they'll have a line out the door by tomorrow.

Originally Posted by shiftyjw
Everyone,

Just picked up my 2006 MCS Convertible at Assael Mini in Monrovia. Ordered it in second week of January. 7 weeks order to door.

No mark-up over MSRP. Easy buying experience.

Sales guy was Leon Levy, did everything over the phone except for sign papers.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:44 PM
fuzzydice
Neutral
I am picking up my 2006 MCSC next week at South Bay Mini. 4 Month wait from start to finish.

Can't wait to take her for a drive!

fuzzydice
2006 Metallic Grey Mini Cooper S Convertible
Goodbye 1999 Twilight Blue Mica Miata - For Sale

Old 03-10-2006, 02:36 PM
mnxmini
1st Gear
fuzz, congrats on picking up the ragtop, you'll have it just in time for Spring. awesome.

We're picking up our MCS at South Bay as well, hopefully by mid-April. Who have you been working with there? We've been dealing with David Church and Russ Fowler, neither of whom have been super-impressive. Although Russ is slightly better than David.

Have they offered or have you asked for anything like floor-mats? I'm a little worried that they're gonna stick me with a 2004 navigation DVD, but they say it'll be "the most current" whatever that means, so we'll see.

Originally Posted by fuzzydice
I am picking up my 2006 MCSC next week at South Bay Mini. 4 Month wait from start to finish.

Can't wait to take her for a drive!

fuzzydice
2006 Metallic Grey Mini Cooper S Convertible
Goodbye 1999 Twilight Blue Mica Miata - For Sale

Old 03-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
When I dropped by Irvine MINI this weekend to take another MCS test drive (since LB is closed on Sunday) and inquire about what I might get if I traded my 05' Cooper. The MA who assisted me told me that since Irvine had just acquired their sales director from Crevier MINI (Shane H.) their markup structure had changed...

Previous to his arrival markups at Irvine ranged from $1.5-$2K and now he's brought with him the sales philosophy of Crevier and it looks like they've added the $3,995 to each of their vehicles, on the lot or ordered.

This philosophy has always been ridiculous to me: they'll scotch guard your interiors, paint protect your exterior and some other random blah blah blah...no thank you! My visit to them just reinforces my loyalty to Long Beach MINI. Just wanted to update the list!

Old 03-16-2006, 11:22 PM
FUNMNI
Neutral
Originally Posted by Suzannne
When I dropped by Irvine MINI this weekend to take another MCS test drive (since LB is closed on Sunday) and inquire about what I might get if I traded my 05' Cooper. The MA who assisted me told me that since Irvine had just acquired their sales director from Crevier MINI (Shane H.) their markup structure had changed...

Previous to his arrival markups at Irvine ranged from $1.5-$2K and now he's brought with him the sales philosophy of Crevier and it looks like they've added the $3,995 to each of their vehicles, on the lot or ordered.

This philosophy has always been ridiculous to me: they'll scotch guard your interiors, paint protect your exterior and some other random blah blah blah...no thank you! My visit to them just reinforces my loyalty to Long Beach MINI. Just wanted to update the list!
I just picked up my '06 MCS Convertible on the 14th at Crevier - the mark up was $500 (we did a bit of negotiation) to go down from $2,500. Placed the order in the second week of Jan. and it was actually ready the first week of March. I went to Irvine BMW but the sales lady didn't know too much and they wouldn't budge on their mark up. Dana Eastman is who I dealt with - nice guy.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Well nothing beats ordering at LB MINI for me, since I called and added my name to their ordering list last Monday and then last Thursday they had an allocation I told them to go ahead and order my 2006 RG/RG MCS. So essentially I had a whole three day wait to get a production number! Junior @ LB MINI has quoted a delivery timeframe of Mid-May, so basically 8-10 weeks.

Sidenote: My ridiculous treatment from Irvine MINI continued as evidenced by the fact that when I told them I wasn't interested in any of the "extras" they include in justifying their $3,995 markup, the MA said they could go as low as just adding $1,600 and asked if I'd go for that. When I said no, and that I would be ordering from Long Beach, he replied, "Well that's with a 9-month wait, right?" To which I replied, no, its looking like a 2 month wait. Half a day later I get a call that they want to "earn my business" and they would sell at MSRP, only by the exception of their sales manager. The MA had the gall to say "And Im surprised he'll go that low for you, I've never seen him do that."

In any case, LB rocks, Irvine has not demonstrated to me since Day One that they want to earn anyone's business. Their response to sell at MSRP was only in the face of direct competition from a dealership which sells a higher volume of cars and does it in a personable manner.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:54 PM
FUNMNI
Neutral
Congrats Suzanne!!!!

Old 05-23-2006, 10:36 AM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
we just brought a Mini from Bob Smith... they had a $3000 markup... and of course i DIDN'T pay the stupid markup... they were willing to take off the markup but kept on reminding us that... oh.. you got a great deal because you didn't get a markup.... who is stupid enough to pay a mark-up??? just go to another dealership....and also...the car has been out for 4 years already!!!!
i don't consider getting a car at MSRP is a good deal at all... anyways... BOB SMITH still sucks...

Old 06-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Greg S
3rd Gear
I think Universal may have caught on finally. Wife and I were in there tonight and were told there was no mark-up for what we wanted to order. We'll see if it holds true tomorrow when we actually go and order it. Wait time was quoted at 8-10 weeks. We'd go to South Bay as they have no mark-up either but their wait time quote was 3-4 months. If Universal falls through then we might just make the run to Long Beach.

Old 07-01-2006, 08:50 AM
neuralstatic
2nd Gear
just to throw in my experience so far -- it's in keeping with outher south bay mini mention here.

went to southbay knowing pretty much what i wanted. test drove the car, and then i basically had to push the salesman to take the order. he was pleasant enough, just seemed he knows he doesn't have to push people for the sales there with their pricing and product.

gave him $1000 deposit. it wasn't until i was walking out of the office that i asked how much the car is (had confirmed it was msrp but we never mentioned a number)

so ordered on 6/16, a week later he told me to check back in a month for a production number. that bummed me out, but i guess it's not unusual.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:54 AM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
ordered april 15
took delivery june 16 (8 weeks 6 days)
100 under msrp (costco members program)
no hassels, no pressure for dealer add-ons
brecht in escondido

Old 07-07-2006, 09:52 PM
sausmaf
1st Gear
South Bay again...

Incredibly lucky I was to walk in and find an '06 MC that met 99% of my needs in stock. So new off of the truck that it had not even passed port inspection. Actually bought it from a BMW salesman, but incredibly hassle and negotiation free. I was able to get it with no mark up and they had it ready for me the next morning. Done.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:58 AM
gary047
Neutral
Was anyone ever charged for extra certain percent of MSRP price when you bought the mini from Long Beach or South bay dealer? Some people said that some dealers have no markup. Does that mean you just paid MSRP price, handlinf fee, the option 's fee and plus tax? My fiancee really like mini a lot, but I don't wanna push ourselves to get lost in dealer's game. I would appreciate if there is someone who can give me an answer.

Old 08-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Rich B.
4th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Just another point of view:

In hearing all that is going on with dealer mark-ups and such, some of us Mini buyers are not so fortunate as to have convenient dealership choices such as you do on the left coast. In GA, we are at the mercy of only 2 dealers in the entire state. Our neighboring state, Alabama, has 0 dealers! I am one of the fortunate ones that is only 50 miles from a dealership...and I am glad to pay a reasonable mark-up just so as not to deal with the possible greater expense of buying my car from an unknown, out-of-state dealer. Now, I am not saying that dealer mark-ups are fair or not fair, but these guys are definitely in tune with the supply and demand within their respective markets. With a few more dealers around, and/or a greater supply of vehicles, I am sure prices would start to reflect each ones added incentive to sell. Till then, we've got what we've got and we always have the ability to say "no".

Old 08-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Krassanova
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Rich B.
Just another point of view:

In hearing all that is going on with dealer mark-ups and such, some of us Mini buyers are not so fortunate as to have convenient dealership choices such as you do on the left coast. In GA, we are at the mercy of only 2 dealers in the entire state. Our neighboring state, Alabama, has 0 dealers! I am one of the fortunate ones that is only 50 miles from a dealership...and I am glad to pay a reasonable mark-up just so as not to deal with the possible greater expense of buying my car from an unknown, out-of-state dealer. Now, I am not saying that dealer mark-ups are fair or not fair, but these guys are definitely in tune with the supply and demand within their respective markets. With a few more dealers around, and/or a greater supply of vehicles, I am sure prices would start to reflect each ones added incentive to sell. Till then, we've got what we've got and we always have the ability to say "no".
You could also find some reputable out of state dealerships here on NAM and order it to be shipped directly to your door.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
thats why i bought mine from Long Beach Mini =)

Old 10-12-2006, 03:35 PM
MINIoftheHamptons
Dealership
Free shipping on all MINIs

Hi everyone,

I was reading the posts and I just wanted to let everyone know that we just started free shipping on all in-stock and ordered 2006 models. We have about 30 MINIs in stock and many more on the way. A special order would take about 8 weeks. We have no mark-ups, prep fees, hidden dealer fees or any of that stuff. The price is MSRP and that’s all. Financing or leasing is not a problem. We have shipped hundreds of MINIs to NAM members all over the country since 2002 and were the original NAM dealer sponsor. See our inventory at www.miniofthehamptons.com or contact us and we can let you know what is on the way. We would love to get you your new MINI.

MINI of the Hamptons
Authorized MINI Dealer
(888) 871-5599
sales@miniofthehamptons.com

Old 10-31-2006, 09:13 PM
ma78
Coordinator :: Super Secret Orange County MINI Cooper Club
Assael was fine with me. My MA was great, and he gave me enough extras to make the small markup worth it. I'm willing to pay $1000 for that.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:43 PM
supafly_2_eb
Neutral
Originally Posted by Far
Hey everybody, FNG here.

Searched high and low for Royal Gray S with auto trans and found one at Nick Alexander. They wouldn't quote out the door price or markup on the phone, but he alluded there wouldn't be one. Got there...

And there isn't one. They have 60 or so to sell so they are trying to move 'em out, so the old 3k markup is gone. Thought I'd share.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:10 PM
victoriabb
1st Gear
MINI of Universal City

For the record, ordered cars have no markup if ordered through the internet sales team, plus our lead times are still really good.
Visit us at socalmini.net
Aloha,
Victoria Hanseroth

Quick Reply: List Of Dealers/Markups In CA FYI