Bob Smith $3,000.00
Brecht MINI - San Diego $1,800.00
Niello MINI - Sacramento $2,495.00
MOUNTAIN VIEW MINI $2,500.00
EAST BAY MINI $0
SAN FRANCISCO MINI $2,500.00
MINI OF CONCORD $2,700.00

Only Nick Alexander MINI would not say over the phone what their
markup was. 3 of the dealers do not even have a markup.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:50 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, it's crazy to see that list. Do the mark-ups apply to all cars, including ones sitting on the lot, or just cars ordered? Just curious as so many have 'verts and more sitting around.

As I've posted before I had a very good MSRP buying experience at Southbay (Freddie was my sales guy by the way.)

Old 03-13-2005, 09:52 PM
morknmini
6th Gear
Interesting to see them listed like that. I wish those dealers would be more open about it and post their markups on their websites. Instead nearly all of them continue to display the same hep and helpful "About Us" mantra that seemed improbable when MINI USA devised it 2 years ago. Congratulations on getting your car.

Old 03-13-2005, 10:32 PM
meanboy
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice list. Did you happen to ask what the waiting times were? I am curious if they have gone down at the $0 markup dealerships.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:00 PM
lwlam
1st Gear
Crevier's $1500 is ONLY for Coopers. Cooper S is $4000 markup.

I made a deposit at South Bay in January for a March allocation. So the wait list there was two months. I am now Awaiting Transport.

Lester

Originally Posted by CapWKidd
Universal $4,000.00
Irvine $1,500.00
Crevier $1,500.00
Long Beach $0
Assael MINI Monrovia $2,000.00
Southbay $0
Bob Smith $3,000.00
Brecht MINI - San Diego $1,800.00
Niello MINI - Sacramento $2,495.00
MOUNTAIN VIEW MINI $2,500.00
EAST BAY MINI $0
SAN FRANCISCO MINI $2,500.00
MINI OF CONCORD $2,700.00

Only Nick Alexander MINI would not say over the phone what their
markup was. 3 of the dealers do not even have a markup.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Cherry2005
3rd Gear
And unfortunately, the markup for the convertible S is even more! I got mine through my Credit Union's auto service - Autoland Auto Brokers. Even though they had to order it through a dealer (Assael in Monrovia), there was no mark-up and I got it for MSRP and no delivery charges.

Bob Smith MINI told me the "Premium" (they don't call it a Mark-up) on the Convertible S was $5,000, no negotiating - YOW!

Old 03-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Chief_Charlie
4th Gear
Keep up the "good work" CA Dealers !

As long as CA Dealers continue to charge a "Buyers Premium", going to Classic MINI makes all the sense in the world. There are 8 new cars coming to CA in Mid-May from Classic to "discriminating" CA buyers......and many more in the future, I'm sure.
Charlie

Old 03-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Xman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chief_Charlie
As long as CA Dealers continue to charge a "Buyers Premium", going to Classic MINI makes all the sense in the world. There are 8 new cars coming to CA in Mid-May from Classic to "discriminating" CA buyers......and many more in the future, I'm sure.
Charlie
That's for sure!
I also bought mine out of state. I preferred to pay $1200 for the car enclosed transportation, than to give a penny for a mark up.
I can't wait for the day when everybody does the same and all those CA dealers come crawling back to us for their business...
Until then, the law of supply and demand shall rule.

Old 03-14-2005, 07:34 AM
blargomini
3rd Gear
I just ordered my LY MCSc at Brecht MINI on Saturday. I paid $1,000 over MSRP. I figured that if it was going to cost me about $1,000 to ship from the right coast, have to deal with the DMV and pay the difference in taxes, the $1,000 was worth it. For me, the 1k is a convenience fee. :smile: I bought my '02 CR/W MCS back from Nick Alexander in November '02 and paid $4,000 over sticker. I will NEVER do that again!

Just ordered:
LY/B MCSc 6-Speed. Chrome Interior, Chrome Exterior, Cold Package, Convenience Package, Premium Package, Sports Package w/ 17" Web-Spokes & Black Bonnet Stripes, LSD, Panther Black Leather & Chrono Pack.

Old 03-14-2005, 05:59 PM
am0eba
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eVal
Wow, it's crazy to see that list. Do the mark-ups apply to all cars, including ones sitting on the lot, or just cars ordered? Just curious as so many have 'verts and more sitting around.

As I've posted before I had a very good MSRP buying experience at Southbay (Freddie was my sales guy by the way.)
I don't understand why people aren't getting this message:

SOUTH BAY MINI, TORRANCE, CA: Zero Markup; Reasonable Wait time

I'm sure the out of state dealers have been great for those who need them, but for folks with access to greater LA, there's no need to go out of state anymore!

Originally Posted by meanboy
Nice list. Did you happen to ask what the waiting times were? I am curious if they have gone down at the $0 markup dealerships.
(MCSC 6-Spd: Ordered 2/21/05; Estimated Completion Date (per MINIUSA): 3/16/05!

_Dave_

Old 03-14-2005, 06:07 PM
mini giant
4th Gear
im pretty sure that the posted mark-up at assael is on the cooper's, and the S's are more. thats how it was when i was looking about 5months ago, i was quoted 3,000. then again i am only 20, so i looked like fresh meat for them, plus they treated me like ****. i got mine at Nick Alexander, my markup was 1800.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:13 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Here is something to consider when purchasing your MINI in SoCal and paying a mark-up: does your dealership provide you with a loaner when you leave your MINI for servicing?

Long Beach MINI, where I have purchased two MINIs, sells at MSRP, but they do NOT provide loaners. Their rental fees are very pricey!

I know that at least Crevier provides loaners, and Bimmers, at that.

And when I booked a service appointment with Alexander MINI, it was far enough ahead of time that I was able to get one of the limited loaners on hand. :smile:

So, if Crevier is marking up $1500, it may come out even if you consider car rental expenses during service visits. Just my .02......

Clover

Old 03-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Chief_Charlie
4th Gear
Am0eba,
Maybe it's South Bay that doesn't get it. Their sales staff quoted MSRP for a car in stock; but if you wanted to order one, there was a 4 to 6 month wait. I called last week, and that was the response I got to my question.
Poorly informed MA?

Oh, and ask them if they'll sell you parts & accessories for 20% off MSRP. If so, then that's the weay to go...but I don't think so.

Nor Cal folks have gone out of state because there aen't enough dealers willing to sell at MSRP like South Bay and East Bay. You're very fortunate to have been able to order a car and receive it in such a short period of time.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:28 PM
morknmini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIclo
Here is something to consider when purchasing your MINI in SoCal and paying a mark-up: does your dealership provide you with a loaner when you leave your MINI for servicing?

Long Beach MINI, where I have purchased two MINIs, sells at MSRP, but they do NOT provide loaners. Their rental fees are very pricey!

I know that at least Crevier provides loaners, and Bimmers, at that.

And when I booked a service appointment with Alexander MINI, it was far enough ahead of time that I was able to get one of the limited loaners on hand. :smile:

So, if Crevier is marking up $1500, it may come out even if you consider car rental expenses during service visits. Just my .02......

Clover

I hope you are right about this. It would seem more virtuous for a dealer to charge markup so that service can be that much better. I like to give everyone the benefit of a doubt. But there have been postings of actual experience to the contrary on NAM. And if you or anyone can book service at a dealership that offers loaners regardless of where you bought your car then it would be difficult for that dealer to calculate what the markup ought to be to compensate. I would love to bring my MINI in for service and get a BMW for a loaner. But most likely I will just take the bus home. Glad you found a good place for service.

Old 03-14-2005, 09:43 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by morknmini
I hope you are right about this. It would seem more virtuous for a dealer to charge markup so that service can be that much better. I like to give everyone the benefit of a doubt. But there have been postings of actual experience to the contrary on NAM. And if you or anyone can book service at a dealership that offers loaners regardless of where you bought your car then it would be difficult for that dealer to calculate what the markup ought to be to compensate. I would love to bring my MINI in for service and get a BMW for a loaner. But most likely I will just take the bus home. Glad you found a good place for service.
Well, Morkie....I have been involved with the MINI community since 2002, and I am really not making this stuff up.

Another thing to consider: when you buy out-of-state and go to local dealerships for service, do not expect them to welcome you with open arms! LMAO!

It's dumb, because MINIUSA is supposed to reimburse the dealerships, but they do play favorites.

That has been my experience, at any rate.

I am still looking for a good place for service.... If Long Beach MINI does right by me, I will report it here. I always have and I always will...:smile:

Clover

Old 03-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I've been wondering about this same thing, Clo. I know MINI of Mt. View provides loaners - I'll find out soon if they provide them to bottom feeders like me. :smile:
For starters, I'm gonna lie and say I moved out here from Virginia (where I bought the car.) Sure, I've been AT that dealership a dozen times on test drives and just to ogle the cars, but they never seem to recognize me (and always mention the 4-6 month wait and $2500 markup.)
If they do give me grief, I'll tell them that if they want to earn my business on my next MINI (at which point they might actually NEED more customers) they'll need to treat me right.

Even at $100/day(!), given 10k mile oil changes, how many times are you going to have to rent a car?

Old 03-14-2005, 10:33 PM
lindavMINI
2nd Gear
I got my MCS at Nick Alexandar and I paid 2000 over sticker. I got the car in less than 8 weeks (delivered June 1 04).

They do pick up your MINI on a flat bed and bring you a BMW loaner when you need service - this was their excuse for not dropping the over sticker price.

I had heard it was more like 4K and I may have gotten a deal because I had already gotten a quote from Autoland (credit union car buying service) who btw gets their MINIs from Nick Alexander. I had an appt at NA and called and asked if I was wasting my time (and theirs) because I knew I could get it for 2K over from Autoland.

my MA was great tho a bit busy selling about 30 MINI's a month!

Old 03-14-2005, 10:39 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by Eric_Rowland
I've been wondering about this same thing, Clo. I know MINI of Mt. View provides loaners - I'll find out soon if they provide them to bottom feeders like me. :smile:
For starters, I'm gonna lie and say I moved out here from Virginia (where I bought the car.) Sure, I've been AT that dealership a dozen times on test drives and just to ogle the cars, but they never seem to recognize me (and always mention the 4-6 month wait and $2500 markup.)
If they do give me grief, I'll tell them that if they want to earn my business on my next MINI (at which point they might actually NEED more customers) they'll need to treat me right.

Even at $100/day(!), given 10k mile oil changes, how many times are you going to have to rent a car?
Well, for those MINI owners who have had clutch repairs, etc.....I have friends here in SoCal, who have had their loaners for almost a week! So, that adds up!

Clover

Old 03-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Divamac
2nd Gear
Brecht has the mark-up, but for the rest of the month, the mark-up is negotiable since they are moving and do not have the room for their entire stock. Yes, they are overrun with convertibles (without mark-up), and the official work is a 10% mark-up on everything else. However sales is incentivized to move units this month and will drop the mark-up for what's on the lot.

I just bought off the lot tonight. It's a EB/EB MCS that was the demo car. 300 miles on it. Got it at MSRP and negotiated an extended warranty into the price. I am pleased. Waiting for the overjoyousness to kick in. I am usually a bargain shopper, so the shock of MSRP hasn't worn off yet.

OOH! Now I can create a signature!

Carol

Old 03-14-2005, 11:49 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Originally Posted by Divamac
Brecht has the mark-up, but for the rest of the month, the mark-up is negotiable since they are moving and do not have the room for their entire stock. Yes, they are overrun with convertibles (without mark-up), and the official work is a 10% mark-up on everything else. However sales is incentivized to move units this month and will drop the mark-up for what's on the lot.

I just bought off the lot tonight. It's a EB/EB MCS that was the demo car. 300 miles on it. Got it at MSRP and negotiated an extended warranty into the price. I am pleased. Waiting for the overjoyousness to kick in. I am usually a bargain shopper, so the shock of MSRP hasn't worn off yet.

OOH! Now I can create a signature!

Carol
Oh, hon! I had hoped you'd get the extended warranty....good job! Once you start motoring around, the OVERJOYOUSNESS will kick in! Have no fear! BTW, finding a MINI at MSRP is a good deal! The demand still exceeds the supply.....

Clover

Old 03-15-2005, 12:36 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
One more to add to the mix:

MINI of Pittsburgh sells at MSRP and has FREE Nationwide Shipping.

Now, let's sit back and watch to see if anyone else follow. Let the price competition begin. :smile:

Old 03-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Noisegirly
1st Gear
Irvine Mini's charging me $2500 over MSRP.

Crevier wanted $5000 over MSRP when we test drove in November.

Old 03-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Carissa @ D&R MINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Noisegirly
Irvine Mini's charging me $2500 over MSRP.

Crevier wanted $5000 over MSRP when we test drove in November.
Don't forget that Dreyer & Reinbold (In Indianapolis, the crossroads of America) sells at MSRP as well! With INVENTORY ON THE GROUND NOW!

Old 04-21-2005, 11:33 PM
plugot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
One more to add to the mix:

MINI of Pittsburgh sells at MSRP and has FREE Nationwide Shipping.

Now, let's sit back and watch to see if anyone else follow. Let the price competition begin. :smile:
If they really do have free shipping that's worth about $400- 700 in added value as that's the average cost for a standard open transport. If they credit that amount and let you negiotiate the difference for a closed transport, that could be the best deal I've seen anywhere. That said, you can't go wrong with Classic Mini and the ever lovely Miss Mini, Julie Saxa.

Old 04-22-2005, 07:05 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
From talking to them about it, MINI of Pittsburgh will handle the shipping arrangements and they ship with closed transport.

Quick Reply: List Of Dealers/Markups In CA FYI