St. Louis MINI Club The St. Louis MINI Club Forums. Visit our club site at www.stlmini.com

28 MINIs now RSVPd for The Missouri Southern Road Rally, Oct

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 10:35 AM
laclede
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Missouri Southern Road Rally
(new information in italics)

When: October 18, 2003

Time: 11:00AM

Route: Cuba to Johnson Shut-ins, Return through Potosi and Sullivan

We're are just over 2 weeks away from this great event, and it's definitely shaping up to be the one not to miss. We currently have 14 MINI/Minis signed up, and the route is truly designed for the MINIs and Minis. With the weather the way that it has been, the trees should be in full color that weekend, and it should be a gorgeous drive. We will be heading from Cuba south along some of Missouri’s finest roads (as determined by a MINI) to Johnson’s Shut-ins. We’ll enjoy lunch and the sites at the park, and when we grow restless of sitting still, head back along a similarly enjoyable, yet different, route. We also now have a sponsor for the event, MiniMania. So to add to the driving fun, we'll also be having a raffle of some items from MiniMania. So without further adieu, here are the nitty-gritty details:

Start Time & Location:

For those in St. Louis:
There will be a meet-n-greet at the Home Depot/Borders Parking lot at Watson Rd. and Lindbergh Blvd in the Sunset Hills Plaza. We'll leave the parking lot at 9:30AM. From there we'll take I-44 to the formal starting point in Cuba, MO.

Official Start Location (THIS IS A CHANGE):
The official starting location will be the Wal-Mart parking lot in Cuba. This is on the Southeast side of I-44 and Hwy. 19. The exit for Cuba, MO is Exit 208, exit and head south, Wal-Mart will be on the left hand side. The group from St. Louis should arrive between 10:30AM and 10:45AM. We'll leave the parking lot around 11:00AM.

General Information:
So that I can have a headcount for MiniMania's raffle items and giveaways, and info/map packets, I need everyone that plans on attending to send an RSVP to stlminievents@sbcglobal.net. If you have already done this, or are listed on the event thread at minicooperonline.com, I don't need you to do this again. MiniMania will have a giveaway item for every MINI that RSVP's, but only the ones that RSVP. So that MiniMania can get things here, I need to have the RSVP in 'hand' by October 8th at 5:00PM. All are welcome, but I can only have giveaways and raffle items for those that I know are coming. Even if you don't send an RSVP, come on down, the drive itself will be worth it!

Route Information:
Generally, the route will be from Cuba, south to Johnson Shut-ins. Then a return from Johnson Shut-ins north to Sullivan, MO (I-44 exit 226). Full route details will be distributed at the event.

Additional Information:
For those in St. Louis, the round trip is about 260 miles (from I-270 & I-44). Please plan to arrive at the Home Depot parking lot with a full tank of gas. If you don't, you can get gas in Cuba during our break, but you'll miss some of the fun! For those arriving from elsewhere, the trip from Cuba to Sullivan (The good driving) is about 140 miles, so plan your gas accordingly.

Items to Bring:
A camera (can you have a MINI event without one?), area road map (optional, route maps and directions will be furnished), picnic lunch, and beverages. Anti-nausea pills for the navigator may be desirable; these roads can cause motion sickness!!! For those that have them, FRS radios might be a good idea.

For more information:
E-mail me at stlminievents@sbcglobal.net

A little Preview:
<A HREF="http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/laclede/picture_005.jpg" TARGET="_blank">
</A>
<A HREF="http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/laclede/picture_021.jpg" TARGET="_blank">

</A>
<A HREF="http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/laclede/picture_026.jpg" TARGET="_blank">
</A>
<A HREF="http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/laclede/picture_034.jpg" TARGET="_blank">
</A>

And as Mick said on the swervy curvy in April,

“Please come out and enjoy your Mini or MINI on the kind of roads for what it was bred and it will exceed your expectations. You will most certainly leave the rally with a sore face from grinning too much and you will have found a new respect for your marvelous motoring machine.”

Goin' to be there:
Laclede + 1
Killerbee + 1
Roger &amp; Donna
DBowen
Zinful + 1
Prof. Ed and Judy
Mini'Mon
Clements_66
SumWon + 1
CdCope
Brian + 1
Shelly
Mike + 1
slyle01 + 1
Steve &amp; Vicki
Peanutbutter108 + 1
Tony
Adam + 1
Xpcdoojk + 1
fryedaniel + 1
Will
Amanda &amp; Adam
Kevin + 1
MMason
Awiseman + 1
Blackknight + 1
Kevin R.
Shelly H. + 1
David
Mitch
Bill W.

I'm a tentative:
Linda &amp; Steve
Bill &amp; Diane
Cindy
Mike R.

Darn it, I have plans:
Lois &amp; Gary
jeffng65
Rogerswt

Darn it, someone put my MINI in the body shop:
Redbird73

Old 09-23-2003, 02:00 PM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
Can use Springfield Missouri people come and join you?

jc

Old 09-23-2003, 02:52 PM
laclede
3rd Gear
&gt;&gt;Can use Springfield Missouri people come and join you?
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;jc

Is that a question or a statement?

Anyone with a MINI, and even those without are welcome!
The more MINIs we have the more fun it'll be!

Can I count you and anyone else from Springfield in?

-Laclede

Old 09-24-2003, 10:19 AM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
Don't know if you can even count me yet. DW is flying off to Boston that day.

jc

Old 10-06-2003, 01:23 PM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
Well darling wife is off to Boston that weekend. So I recruited a buddy for a navigator. He is awful at reading a map! So, I will be there and my buddies name is Shelby.

jc

Old 10-06-2003, 08:56 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
&gt;&gt;Well darling wife is off to Boston that weekend. So I recruited a buddy for a navigator. He is awful at reading a map! So, I will be there and my buddies name is Shelby.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;jc

jc,

Sorry Ill miss you. Have a wedding to attend that day. Have been wanting to meet you for some time. Have fun &amp; hopefully will see you at a future event.

Lois

Old 10-07-2003, 07:54 AM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
dump the wedding!

Yes you are the only St Louis person that I know, not that I know you, but well we were together for those exciting months waiting for our babies.

What ever happened to the guy who worked in the Telecom business in St louis that was downsized. He was trying to sell his march car?

jc

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Well darling wife is off to Boston that weekend. So I recruited a buddy for a navigator. He is awful at reading a map! So, I will be there and my buddies name is Shelby.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;jc
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;jc,
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;Sorry Ill miss you. Have a wedding to attend that day. Have been wanting to meet you for some time. Have fun &amp; hopefully will see you at a future event.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;Lois
&gt;&gt;

Old 10-07-2003, 08:22 AM
laclede
3rd Gear
Tomorrow is the last day to RSVP for the event and get a giveaway and raffle entry from MiniMania After tomorrow, RSVPs are still welcome, just can't get in on the bonuses :???: Right now 24 MINI/Minis are signed up and it ought to be a blast!

-Laclede

Old 10-07-2003, 08:30 AM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
Laclede am I RSVP'd?

Looking forward to it, I haven't ever been to Johnson Shut-ins.

jc

Old 10-07-2003, 08:34 AM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
I can loan some FRS radios to anyone who needs one. I have at least 4 spare radios. So let me know, I may bring em anyway, but I am prone to forget things.
I will be the guy in the BRG/White MINI Cooper S. With a UJ sunroof static flag and white stripes if you need a FRS radio to borrow. Please give them back at the end of the day.

Whoohoo!

jc

Old 10-07-2003, 10:03 AM
laclede
3rd Gear
xpc,

You are RSVP'd!

Oh, and bring your FRS radios, with 24 MINIs now, I think we could definitely use them. And of course we'll return them, just don't forget to ask for them back

-Laclede

Old 10-07-2003, 03:02 PM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
Laclede you have excellent taste in vehicles. I love your choices! :smile:

Old 10-18-2003, 04:13 PM
fryedaniel
2nd Gear
I can sum up today's even in four words:

WHAT A FRICKIN' BLAST!!!!!!

Dan

Old 10-20-2003, 05:38 PM
kevruss
1st Gear
I will have to agree with Dan....and I think we need to do that again!!!

Kevin

Old 10-21-2003, 06:39 AM
xpcdoojk
5th Gear
I linked a few of my pictures on the other topic of this in the midwest events forum

Check em out.

It was indeed fun. Let's do it again soon.

jc