Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

AHH TIRE PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:08 PM
heyjay1428
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AHH TIRE PROBLEM

oh man i have had the worst luck with tires recently

so on friday on my way to work, i was driving, and all of a sudden i had a "low pressure" sign on my b/c (i think that's what's called).

then i chekc my wheels, and then i see on my pw/b 07 mcs, my front left run flat, had a bubble on the outside.

so i assumed it was that. got scared and then my dad picked me up from my job and we left the car there over night.

the next day, we went to get the car back from where i left it.
we went to a goodyear tire retailer, and the guy said, we should be able to ride on it.
but they wouldn't be able to get a tire until 3-4 days later (becuase no place has it within distance.

then we drive it back home and i stya at home because i'mf eeling a bit sick.

so then it's sunday. i drive my mom's car (she wasn't using it at the time),
just driving around, and as i come back to my house, i hear a shatter, and then air leaving my right rear tire.

thank the lord i was about a mile away from my house. but air was leaving quick. by the time i got to my house my moms honda accord 95, had a puncture in the INSIDE of the right rear tire... HOW THE HECK DOES THAT HAPPEN?!?!?! lol tHE INSIDE OF TEH TIRE lol. which is quite hillarious.

so we changed the tire with the donut in the trunk and what not and went to get a new tire. (two tire problems two different cars, two different days)

great..
So the next day my dad and i, take the two cars to just tires which is near our house. but on the way there. i'm driving my mini, and all of a sudden, i hear another pop... it was my right rear... GREAT JDLSJFLSKdjkLFJDLJFK!@JDSAJFKDAFJEsd

lol

sorry about that

so we arrive at just tires, and realize tehre was a screw that was stuck in my right rear.

WHAT a lame day.

oh what's funny is that, just tires say'd that they couldn't get a tire replacement until maybe a week later, because NO body, had the tires for the 07 runflats of the mini's well actually not even the regular tires.. which is quite funny

so that was quite problematic. but my dad asked his friends that works at a body, and they found a place that can get the tires by tommorow. so yeah :P that's my tire problem story. hope you enjoyed becuase i didin't :( dkljsalkdjfald

Old 07-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Mad TKD
2nd Gear
tirerack.com is your friend

Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
You must be the guy that gives the 'Road Hazard Warranty' actuary ulcers.

I've had three flats in 27 years, and only had to change one tire on the road - an access road at that!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:14 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Must be a lot of construction in your area - seems like folks are very careless these days securing nails and screws in their pickups.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:24 AM
Coffeeman
4th Gear
This exactly why I ditched my runflats for regular tires. When one of my runflats was toasted by a metal key, no one local, including my dealer, had one in stock. That adventure required a loaner car, and the MINI staying at the dealer's overnight.

I now carry a MINI compact spare in the boot. Runflats are a good idea in theory, but with only an 80 mile range when "flat", not good if one is more than 80 miles from a replacement tire, and someone who has the proper tools/expertise to replace it.

Add to that the fact that many dealers/tire shops will not repair a runflat, due to liability concerns, and you have a recipe for disaster. I won't even get into the sheer waste of throwing away a "repairable" new tire, or the high cost of replacing a "flat" runflat...my little adventure was over $400.00, which was thankfully covered by wheel & tire insurance.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Silverbullit
6th Gear
Do you have tire insurance?? If not you could get a new set of non-R/Fs for what it's going to cost for two R/Fs. I lived with my R/Fs for 24K with constant false tire alarms, noise and rough riding. I should have swiched a long time ago.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Coffeeman
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Silverbullit
I lived with my R/Fs for 24K with constant false tire alarms, noise and rough riding. I should have swiched a long time ago.
Amen to that, I lived with them for 1,000 miles, and that was enough for me. With non-runflats I now enjoy a better ride, no trammeling, no bump steer, and much diminished torque steer....IMO runflats are "not quite ready for prime time"

Old 07-03-2007, 01:07 PM
lava
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have put a plug kit and pump in my boot and I'm crossing my fingers. Unless something tears up my sidewall I plan on plugging those run-flats and getting my money's worth out of them.