Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Does your car weep?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:50 PM
ejkd
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmnnn... In eed to check mine.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Tawanda's ejaculation problem is from her bonnet. She was pristine after her detail job Wed, and this am, I found she had ejaculated from her driver's side orifice.

Seriously, I need to do more research on this little medical problem she has. The wiper tank is only half full, so over flow couldn't be a problem.

I still love her despite her premature ways

Old 08-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Kasey
2nd Gear
Definitely, driver's side only. It's just like you described, the jet is dry when I turn the car off, but when I come back there is a dried trail of wiper fluid on the hood.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 AM
RhinoBob
3rd Gear
My Mini Gently Weeps

Here, too. Just the driver's side for now. I used some quick detailer to clean up the trickle-trail and it has not happened since. I'll keep an eye on this little issue.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
My R53 did this...it was cosmoline that got into the washer lines (front and rear). I honestly think cosmoline has a life of it's own.

The easiest way to deal with it is to drain (via spraying the fluid/gunk out) the tank. Just hold down the switch until it's dry. Alternate between front and rear. Then refill with water, and spray all THAT out.

After that, your lines should be clear; just refill with your preferred washer fluid and you should be fine.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 AM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MLWagner79
My R53 did this...it was cosmoline that got into the washer lines (front and rear). I honestly think cosmoline has a life of it's own.

The easiest way to deal with it is to drain (via spraying the fluid/gunk out) the tank. Just hold down the switch until it's dry. Alternate between front and rear. Then refill with water, and spray all THAT out.

After that, your lines should be clear; just refill with your preferred washer fluid and you should be fine.
Cool, thanks for the tip!

I noticed yesterday at the dealer that my yet to be picked up MINI weeps from the rear wiper. No sign of it from the front washers though, yet.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Kasey
2nd Gear
I love Twanda's color! I haven't seen that color before. I saw a white '07 with black roof/pillars/mirror covers the other day and that was very sharp, too.

I need one for every day of the week!

Originally Posted by Blue Skies 05
Tawanda's ejaculation problem is from her bonnet. She was pristine after her detail job Wed, and this am, I found she had ejaculated from her driver's side orifice.

Seriously, I need to do more research on this little medical problem she has. The wiper tank is only half full, so over flow couldn't be a problem.

I still love her despite her premature ways

Old 08-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Kasey
I love Twanda's color! I haven't seen that color before. I saw a white '07 with black roof/pillars/mirror covers the other day and that was very sharp, too.

I need one for every day of the week!
Tawanda is very unique. The OB just came out this year for the 07 MC. I get more compliments on the color than I could ever have imagined. I think there is one up in Seattle according to sighting reports, and there was one being prepped on the NW MINI lot Saturday am.

Yes, one for every day would be the ticket

Old 08-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Madoc
3rd Gear
Mine leaked from the rear jet. Made a nasty trail on the hatch. I can't seem to get all the residue off, either.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:49 PM
manifest
3rd Gear
I can't seem to get the streak that the weeping left on my bonnet stripes off. No problems getting it off the paint...

Old 08-06-2007, 05:31 PM
JohnnyF
4th Gear
Originally Posted by manifest
I can't seem to get the streak that the weeping left on my bonnet stripes off. No problems getting it off the paint...
Yup, I've run out of things to try.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Arnbut
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not just as simple as replacing the fluid to clean out cosmolene --- it squirts when it gets hot.
My new car is doing it too.
Maybe there's a solvent available that has a higher boiling point and won't expand as much in the lines under the bonnet? Or we can put some self-stick thermal wrap over the lines?

Old 08-07-2007, 06:50 AM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
In the 4 days I've had mine, I've not had any issues yet.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 PM
oneway
2nd Gear
Mine used to weep, but it quit after a few thousand kilometers, the rear hatch was especially bad.

I never saw it actually come out, only the trail it left, it was rather mysterious, more akin to stigmata than weeping (but certainly not ejaculate).

Old 08-08-2007, 08:29 AM
ExpatBiker
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by oneway
Mine used to weep, but it quit after a few thousand kilometers, the rear hatch was especially bad.

I never saw it actually come out, only the trail it left, it was rather mysterious, more akin to stigmata than weeping (but certainly not ejaculate).
same here ... the rear hatch does the deed. curious, since there is no heat there that i can discern.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:36 AM
MLPearson79
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the problem really is related to the cosmoline, because after you clean it out, it works. I think what happens is the cosmoline expands in the lines (maybe with being exposed to the washer fluid, some sort of chemical reaction, or maybe from heat), causing the squirting. I've never heard of anyone still having the issue after they cleaned out the lines.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
It's a warranty fix.

My rear washer leaked, and they fixed it straight away with a one way valve of some sort that's supposed to be in there.

When I pointed it out to my MA, he said he'd never seen it before. I turned and pointed to at least three other Mini's within 30 feet of us on the sale lot that all had leaking rear washers. The sales manager had all Mini's checked, and sent to service to fix and be detailed.

Of course, you never know what other cars your Mini might have been too friendly with. It could be something only penicillin can fix!

Old 08-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Robb's 07 Red MCS
2nd Gear
Car is 2 1/2 months old, and noticed it once from the driver side washer. Car was about a month old then.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:00 PM
aem421
4th Gear
The cosmoline makes sense but what do other manufacturers use? I never had this problem with any car I've owned. According to an article I was reading, cosmoline melts at 113-125 degrees F and has a flashpoint of 365 degrees F. Is the Mini actually putting this stuff inside the washer fluid lines? If so, I'll make them change out the lines without that ***** in there. How dumb can they be?

Old 08-09-2007, 10:33 AM
rattmobbins
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Gromit801
It's a warranty fix.

My rear washer leaked, and they fixed it straight away with a one way valve of some sort that's supposed to be in there.

When I pointed it out to my MA, he said he'd never seen it before. I turned and pointed to at least three other Mini's within 30 feet of us on the sale lot that all had leaking rear washers. The sales manager had all Mini's checked, and sent to service to fix and be detailed.

Of course, you never know what other cars your Mini might have been too friendly with. It could be something only penicillin can fix!
Nice!

Of course the MA that went over everything with me when I picked up my car (mine was out of town) made it a point to mention that I may see the "weeping", and tried to make it seem like it was no big deal, and that they couldn't fix it. Grrrrrrrrrrrr to him!!! I'm gonna call the service department today!

Old 08-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Arnbut
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JohnnyF
Yup, I've run out of things to try.
Try Protect-All by Champions Choice. You can usually find it in RV/Boat centers or Walmart by the RV stuff.
It's got a mild solvent that was initially designed to get black marks off fiberglass. It's great for paint; I've been using it on my cars and motorcycles for years. It's all you really need actually.
http://www.protectall.com/

Old 08-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Niziex
2nd Gear
Is this where everyone else is leaking?

http://www.imgshost.com/uploads/cf8fe7cd43.jpg

Old 08-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Niziex

WOOOHHHHH. I think we were originally talking about leaking on the bonnet, then the boot. BUT, I had this leak also, and it's been a b*** to get it "back to black."

Is this mixture dribbling out cosmoline? Mine seems to have stopped the dribble, but its faint trails are still there.

Last edited by Blue Skies 05; 08-09-2007 at 05:39 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Kasey
2nd Gear
Wow! That looks harsh!

No, mine leaks from the nozzel on the bonnet and dribbles down toward the bumper. Sometimes it leaves quite a path, sometimes you almost have to get down and look at it sideways to see it. It builds up over time if you don't have the opportunity for a car wash.

Originally Posted by Niziex

Old 08-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Niziex
2nd Gear
I also get the "tears" from my washers in the front, only when running more... Spirited driving! But I get the sideburn runoff thing from the pic almost all the time, whether its day or night, but not 100% of the time =/ will go for a couple days then be drenched

Quick Reply: Does your car weep?