Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Strange goings on

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Strange goings on

Last night we had one of those typical Kansas thunderstorms, tons of lightning and a real gully washer, and of course, my car lives outside - I keep my E-Type in the garage............

This morning I went to get in my 03' MCS, it started right up, but the wipers wouldn't work. I wiped the windshield off by hand and proceeded to motor on. After a block or so I noticed that the A/C wasn't working either. I have the auto climate control and no amount of button pushing etc would make anything lite up. I need to get to work so I roll down the window on the right side and try to open the surnroof - nothing.

My commute is 20 miles on the hiway and the first thing I notice is how much better my car is running, like it just got a LDG tune or something - can that difference just be down to the drag of the A/C I wonder?

I get to my office and all of a sudden my wipers start working, but the A/C is still dead. I shut off the car, then for no particular reason restart it - and the A/C is on!

I'm thinking, OK, something must have gotten wet and it's dried out enough to work again, but as I'm walking away from the car I noticed the power locks aren't working - it unlocks, fortunately, but won't lock, and the sunroof is still MIA as well. I guess I'll just wait till lunch and try it again.

Any thoughts?

Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like the body control module...

it's behind the passanger side footwell. Sounds like it, or a big connector on it, got wet. If it drys out and everything is OK, count your blessings. If it's still flaky, then I fear your in for a least a dealer diagnostic, if not more (if the module is damaged).

Matt

Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wonder if one of the sunroof drains in the A pillar is leaking?