Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

dealer problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007 | 09:03 PM
oneway
|
2nd Gear
dealer problems

I have been trying to get my voice software working on my car The software was never installed by mini, but the hardware is all there. I have made five trips to the dealership and been without a car for a total of six days. Today the dealer left me stranded without a car, since the mechanic left it in an undrivable state even though I made it clear I needed a car at 5pm. no loaner, no rental. I was screwed. I live in the middle of nowhere and the next closest dealer is hundreds of miles away so going to another dealer isn't a viable option.

Should I complain to Mini or keep quiet so I don't get blackballed for future service/ warranty issues? I know the service so far is complete garbage, but being the only game in town it could get alot worse.

Old 08-21-2007 | 09:20 AM
Flyinace2000
6th Gear
Originally Posted by oneway
I have been trying to get my voice software working on my car The software was never installed by mini, but the hardware is all there. I have made five trips to the dealership and been without a car for a total of six days. Today the dealer left me stranded without a car, since the mechanic left it in an undrivable state even though I made it clear I needed a car at 5pm. no loaner, no rental. I was screwed. I live in the middle of nowhere and the next closest dealer is hundreds of miles away so going to another dealer isn't a viable option.

Should I complain to Mini or keep quiet so I don't get blackballed for future service/ warranty issues? I know the service so far is complete garbage, but being the only game in town it could get alot worse.
Did you ask for a loaner if you didn't get your car back by 5?

Old 08-21-2007 | 09:23 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
First speak with the service manager. IF no satisfaction, then complain. The voice recognition software download is a known fix. Although I have witnessed no indication that MINI USA actually gives a damn about us once we bought our cars, the dealers do seem overly worried about getting good survey results... Must be money in it for them.

Old 08-21-2007 | 09:41 AM
silenze
2nd Gear
If you made it clear that you needed your car back by the specified time, or that you required a means of transportation, then the situation was handled very poorly... we always know when our parts are arriving ahead of time or if they're delayed, and reschedule service, or compensate the customer if they're already at the dealership....

Like LynnEl said, speak to the service manager, if they don't feel they've done any wrong or didn't handle the situation poorly.... calling Mini and reporting your experience with the dealership would be a good idea. I work for a few dealerships under a few different car lines, and service experiences like that are unacceptable to them. The dealers benefits/money/etc from the manufacturer depend on their quality of customer service (whether it be sales or service), they're all graded, and they're all compared with other dealers, they make it like a competition to have the best customer service and reward that.

Old 08-21-2007 | 03:42 PM
oneway
|
2nd Gear
Thanks for your input. My dealer has since provided me with a loaner although I was left without a vehicle for a day, I am greatful to one employee staying late in an effort to accomodate me but was only able to secure a loaner about three hours after I needed it (forcing me to go without a vehicle for a day).

My car remains in for repair, it has been at the shop for 14 days of repair after two months of ownership.

They are stuck on the software for voice activation. There really isn't much wrong with the car, they just seem to be unable to fix what I thought would be a simple problem.

Old 08-21-2007 | 05:43 PM
minigt3
1st Gear
I've been waiting for the software patch for the past 3 months. Nothing yet from mini of mountain view.

Old 08-22-2007 | 07:39 PM
oneway
|
2nd Gear
I got my car back today, the voice activation is still missing. the other problem, the occasionally malfunctioning sunroof may or may not have been checked and fixed. The technician working on it had left for the day and no one knew what work was done to my car. My dealer apparenlty doesn't keep service records or provide paperwork on warrantly work. The car has been in the shop five times, a total of about 16 days in the first two months of ownership.

No paperwork of any kind has ever been provided to me. Is this normal for BMW/Mini?

I have a two unreturned calls into Mini, one made a month ago (about getting a nav disk) and one last week regarding the these issues, I did get a return call today, but I was in a meeting and could not talk. The woman from Mini said she'd call back, but hasn't yet.

I still like the car, but this will be the last BMW product I ever buy or recommend to anyone. BMW/Mini service and support is just plain garbage.

Old 08-22-2007 | 08:57 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
That's terrible service! So who's the dealer?

Old 08-23-2007 | 06:47 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Originally Posted by oneway
I got my car back today, the voice activation is still missing. the other problem, the occasionally malfunctioning sunroof may or may not have been checked and fixed. The technician working on it had left for the day and no one knew what work was done to my car. My dealer apparenlty doesn't keep service records or provide paperwork on warrantly work. The car has been in the shop five times, a total of about 16 days in the first two months of ownership.

No paperwork of any kind has ever been provided to me. Is this normal for BMW/Mini?

I have a two unreturned calls into Mini, one made a month ago (about getting a nav disk) and one last week regarding the these issues, I did get a return call today, but I was in a meeting and could not talk. The woman from Mini said she'd call back, but hasn't yet.

I still like the car, but this will be the last BMW product I ever buy or recommend to anyone. BMW/Mini service and support is just plain garbage.

more than 2 weeks without your car in the first year of ownership in most states qualifies you for lemon law, if you wanted to push the issue

Old 08-23-2007 | 11:47 AM
driverphil
3rd Gear
You've got a dealer problem. The dealer I go to (North Scottsdale, AZ) is nothing like yours!

Old 08-23-2007 | 11:50 AM
korby
6th Gear
Nice Hibiscus driverphil .

Old 08-23-2007 | 01:10 PM
oneway
|
2nd Gear
I just unloaded on mini canada regarding my whole story... she says they are working resolve my situation. I'll give them some time make good on that promise before whining anymore on this board.

/ thanks for letting me vent.