Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Goyo903
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help

All right...I'm going to do my best on how to explain this certain type of noise I'm hearing.
Give you guys a little info...I've bought my mini for almost 2 month now and it has 2,400 glorious and awesomeness miles! So today the mini needed a clean, it has been dirty for 3 days and needs a new wash! (yeah, it's the OCD, can't help it...) The mini is clean and I can see my reflection with the paint, so I'm happy and I leave my mini in the garage to enjoy the shade before I take her out to work. Now, 2 hours passed and it's time to go to work. As I turn on the mini I hear this rattle ling sound(this is where it's going to get hard to explain). The rattle ling sounds comes from the engine and it sounds like something is loose. As I rev the engine I can hear the rattling sound a bit more. Mind you the car is idle. Scared, I turn off the car wait 30 seconds and turned it back on. As I turned it on there no sound and I just hear the engine roar like a mini lion.
Now I'm not grease monkey but I believe the sounds is coming from the turbo area but I'm really not quite sure...
I haven't changed the oil in the car yet...but I don't think thats the problem...
So what you guys think? Do you guys at least get the faintest idea on what I'm talking about??
Thank you for your guys help!

Old 08-21-2007, 04:39 AM
korby
6th Gear
Check out my post "engine diesel sound " theres a video link see if thats the sound .

Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 AM
Arnbut
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it sounded like a bunch of marbles being dropped on the turbo heat shield, mine did it once too after I washed it.
Not sure if I sprayed water in there and it was just making the metal heat/contract weird or what.
It hasn't happeded again, not even driving in the rain...

Old 08-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Goyo903
2nd Gear
I'm definently checking the mini2 forums...they have the same problems.
But thats the sounds! gaaah...it's just wierd...It only happen to me twice..but i turned on my car today(it was outside and it's sunny day) no sound. So i put the car in the garage for a few hours before I head to work...let's see what happens....