Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Lubro Moly Engine Revitalization Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:01 PM
OmToast
OVERDRIVE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lubro Moly Engine Revitalization Kit

Anyone used the Lubro Moly Engine revitalization Kit as sold by Bavarian Auto? It includes . . .

Motor Clean
Motor Protect
Jectron injector cleaner (6 months supply)
Ventil Sauber valve cleaner (6 months supply, alternated with Jectron)

I ask because my '03 MCS with 89K just received a belated oil change (~10K instead of my normal 6-7K interval) and both Leif and I were apalled at the grossness of the oil. The viscocity appeared to be . . . normal . . . but there was a frightening amount of particulate / sludgie crap, particularly in the filter housing. I've never, ever, evereverever seen it in such a state. At a loss for why, and thinking perhaps that it should be flushed in some manner, we were thinking of giving this kit a try.

I am having no obvious mechanical issues, save for an intermittent, very rough idle, which I've seen numerous people resolving with injector cleaner. If all the rest of the kit is hooey, I'd still at least get a thorough injection cleaning out of it.

Before anyone asks, I've never run a tank of fuel less than 91 octane (ever.), and use Shell and Chevron almost exclusively, with an occasional tank of BP thrown in if I'm traveling. Driving is all city/stop-and-go, with longer highway trips (~300+miles) at least once or twice a month, frequently more.

Thoughts?

Old 12-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My opinion, snake oil.

Could work if you had a sludged up POC engine. If it didn't what would it hurt. I don't believe your MINI falls under that description.

I use a bottle of Techron at each oil change to help keep my injectors clean.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:53 PM
herbie hind
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'd say just change the oil again at a closer interval and reevaluate. flushing could push something into a journal oil hole or other place and eventually cause a clog , then junk engine . it's like plaque in arteries .