Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Help Please - Engine Stalls / SES and DSC Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 06:29 PM
MINIotaple
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Please - Engine Stalls / SES and DSC Light

Okay, I've been having a few problems:

1) This is the most worrisome. Sometimes when I'm coming to a stop, the car just dies, engine stalls and I have no power. It's happened 3 times so far in the last 6 weeks or so. It doesn't happen a lot and no code is recorded so I think it's going to be hard to diagnose. Just seeing if anybody has an idea.

2) SES light is on. The code that is being output says that the absolute pressure sensor is malfunctioning. Does anybody have any insight on this? I've had a 19% pulley on for a long time and I've never had this problem.

3) DSC light comes on sometimes and stays on. This light comes on randomly (probably 5-10 minutes after I started the car every other time I drive it). Not too sure what is going on. The code says that the rear wheel speed sensors are shot. Has anybody had any experience with these? I've also noticed that the right rear tire has worse tread wear than the left rear tire. Could this theoretically be causing the problem since the car could be thinking that there's a problem since both tires are spinning at different speeds?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.