Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Passenger rear floor SOAKING WET

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 PM
dirkinoff
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger rear floor SOAKING WET

I was driving my car the other morning after heavy rains "I live in Oregon" and reached behind the right seat for something and the carpet and floor were soaking wet! And no the door was not left ajar, The window was up and the sunroof was closed. Anyone else have this problem yet? I have soaked the car with a hose and cannot duplicate it. I am starting to think it came from the seal under the door and caused by road spray??

Old 12-21-2007, 07:56 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
The same thing happend to my wifes car but both sides of the rear floor where soaking wet(and I mean
PUDDLE! ). Also not able to duplicate it. Thanks for posting I'll be watching this thread.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, I can only imagine how much that would suck.
Best of luck to both of you in getting whatever the issue may be resolved.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sunroof drain clog??

Seems like I remember a thread on this but can't track it down...

Old 12-22-2007, 09:26 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Windshield replaced?

Old 12-22-2007, 09:29 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Originally Posted by daffodildeb
Windshield replaced?
No not on ours. We tried to replicate it but it has only happened once.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:09 PM
-Vampyre-
3rd Gear
happened on my 07 and it was something with the ac drain seal allowing water to come in their then pool in the back floors

Old 12-22-2007, 10:24 PM
dirkinoff
2nd Gear
I have not has the windshield replaced, But I will check to see if I can locate the Sunroof drains, the car was purchased new in june 07 and has been garaged its whole 5000 mile life so I cant imagine it would be pine needles or any leaf debris clogging the drain tubes. They may be mis-installed. Thanks for all the replies and I will keep you posted.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:27 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Originally Posted by dirkinoff
I have not has the windshield replaced, But I will check to see if I can locate the Sunroof drains, the car was purchased new in june 07 and has been garaged its whole 5000 mile life so I cant imagine it would be pine needles or any leaf debris clogging the drain tubes. They may be mis-installed. Thanks for all the replies and I will keep you posted.
Ours was picked up June also. Coincidence?

Old 04-15-2008, 05:27 AM
JMike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dirkinoff
I was driving my car the other morning after heavy rains "I live in Oregon" and reached behind the right seat for something and the carpet and floor were soaking wet! And no the door was not left ajar, The window was up and the sunroof was closed. Anyone else have this problem yet? I have soaked the car with a hose and cannot duplicate it. I am starting to think it came from the seal under the door and caused by road spray??
Did you ever find the cause of the problem? I just came across the same problem or at least my passenger side rear floorboard carpet was wet and the last rain fall was early last week.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
I was talking with one of the techs at work about this problem, they have been replacing the cavity(door) seals with a new part number that has drains on the bottom part to let the water out.
There is a TSB for this, but your dealer will have to verify that your car has the old style seal(no drains) and that it is in fact leaking water inside the car.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Flyinace2000
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
This used to happen to C4 vette's and was a sign that your heater core just died. Replacing it was PITA!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:48 AM
JMike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PARTSMAN
I was talking with one of the techs at work about this problem, they have been replacing the cavity(door) seals with a new part number that has drains on the bottom part to let the water out.
There is a TSB for this, but your dealer will have to verify that your car has the old style seal(no drains) and that it is in fact leaking water inside the car.
Thanks for the info. I have my first 1 year maintenance check next month so I will get this checked.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:34 PM
07cooper
1st Gear
My 07 mcs had up to 1 " of water in the back when raining. I'm told it was the 1st report of it happening. They did everything - new seals, adj doors, sunroof etc. Nothing worked and miniusa took the car back for examination and gave me a new one. It was coming in thru at the rear of the doors between the steel inner shell and the "leatherette" interior finish door panel. I would think there was a sealing problem with the cassette in the door that holds all the window parts.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:26 AM
JMike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 07cooper
My 07 mcs had up to 1 " of water in the back when raining. I'm told it was the 1st report of it happening. They did everything - new seals, adj doors, sunroof etc. Nothing worked and miniusa took the car back for examination and gave me a new one. It was coming in thru at the rear of the doors between the steel inner shell and the "leatherette" interior finish door panel. I would think there was a sealing problem with the cassette in the door that holds all the window parts.
Boy, I hope mine isn't that severe. Today we are having a pretty hard rain. I checked the rear after getting to work and nothing is wet yet. I'll see how it is by the time I leave work today. If I have any water in the back I may stop by the dealership on the way home to have it verified by them.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:41 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Originally Posted by JMike
Did you ever find the cause of the problem? I just came across the same problem or at least my passenger side rear floorboard carpet was wet and the last rain fall was early last week.
We have had a couple of hard rains and it hasn't happened again. First checkup we are going to ask yhe dealer about it.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
dogdal24
5th Gear
Just a update: The Wife's car went in and they installed door seal as per bulletin. We are hoping to see no more wet floors!

Old 05-04-2008, 07:49 AM
JMike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dogdal24
Just a update: The Wife's car went in and they installed door seal as per bulletin. We are hoping to see no more wet floors!
Thanks, I need to make the first checkup on mine this month. So I'm going to bring it up to the dealer also. I was hoping I would get one more wet floor so I could actually take it in and show them, but hopefully I'll get the seal replaced and will not have the problem again also.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:32 AM
r56mini
6th Gear
Do you all have a sunroof? The old bimmer I sold had the same problem. The sunroof drain holes were all functional but the carpet was soaking wet after a hard rain.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:20 AM
JMike
3rd Gear
I do have the sunroof on mine. That is what I first thought of also but since both front seats are all the way back, I couldn't see how anything would drip onto the rear floor board without getting the seats wet instead.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:35 AM
ruabadfish2
1st Gear
Mine had the same problem. MoSA replaced the weatherstrips on the passenger and driver side door, just to be sure. Have not had a leak since.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:34 PM
JCW2009
Neutral
FYI: I took my Mini in today because it had a leak in what seemed to be from the boot window. It turns out that the drain tube of the back seat sunroof was not connected. The water was traveling backwards on the liner, and would come out where the center brake light is, on top of the back window.
Maybe in your case the water travels to one side, and that is how you get your rear floor wet? Try running the hose on top of the sunroofs, and see if that will duplicate the problem. Good luck.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:13 PM
conrad0102
2nd Gear
Hi guys, My 2007 MCS has the dual sunroof and I went home for spring break and found my floors soaking wet. It had rained heavily the night before so I naturally thought it was my sunroof or sunroof drains. I had my mechanic take a look at it. He ripped out all the carpet and padding to try and save it from mold and mildew. He had a friend of his soak the car from the outside with a water hose while he sat inside and looked for a leak. It eventually got too hot for him and he turned on the A/C and Turns out it was the A/C drain leaking. I had a lot of water in my back floors. I get my cooper back this weekend. Hopefully some of this information helps someone out there!

Old 03-21-2012, 02:29 PM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
So weird this is like a old problem the Gen 1 cars would have. Except on Gen 1 cars it would happen in the driver seat floor area.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:50 PM
conrad0102
2nd Gear
I'm not sure why it was my backseat but mine was in my driveway tilted up so I'm sure that had something to do with it but as to why it was mostly on the driver side I have no idea...

Quick Reply: Passenger rear floor SOAKING WET