Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Do I have DSC??

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 05:06 PM
D675
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I have DSC??

Hey all, I've had my JCW R56 for a month now and have loved every second of it.

But realised yesterday as I was going through my paper work/sales agreement I noticed that its meant to have DSC. However, there's no DSC button in the car. Theres a sport button and a ASC button.

Gave the dealer a call and they didn't know why theres not DSC button as it is listed as being installed against my chassis number on their computer.

I've never test driven a mini with and without DSC that I know of, so don't really know how its meant to feel. Is there any way I can tell?

thansk for your help in advance

Cheers
Alex

Old 01-17-2008, 05:09 PM
jaridp
4th Gear
Originally Posted by D675
Hey all, I've had my JCW R56 for a month now and have loved every second of it.

But realised yesterday as I was going through my paper work/sales agreement I noticed that its meant to have DSC. However, there's no DSC button in the car. Theres a sport button and a ASC button.

Gave the dealer a call and they didn't know why theres not DSC button as it is listed as being installed against my chassis number on their computer.

I've never test driven a mini with and without DSC that I know of, so don't really know how its meant to feel. Is there any way I can tell?

thansk for your help in advance

Cheers
Alex
PM me the last 7 digits of your VIN. I will check if your car "shows" DSC. If you have DSC you should have a hill hold. stop on a hill...and put one foot on the clutch and one on the brake..Take your foot off the brake....does the car hold itself for two seconds?

Old 01-17-2008, 05:10 PM
roaduscarnivorous
5th Gear
does your car have sports package or individual dsc option? asc is the standard traction/stability control; it's not dsc. check your window sticker. it doesn't seem very likely that they would've put on the wrong button

Old 01-17-2008, 05:34 PM
D675
1st Gear
jaridp, thanks mate, I'll pm you the details later on.... I'm at work cars at home. But the car does have hill hold, quite a handy little function.

Originally Posted by roaduscarnivorous
does your car have sports package or individual dsc option? asc is the standard traction/stability control; it's not dsc. check your window sticker. it doesn't seem very likely that they would've put on the wrong button
Its individual. I'm from Australia and I don't think we have as many packaged options as you guys do in the US.

Whats the "windows sticker"?

The dealer seems to think that maybe they put in the wrong button, but he'll have a chat to their service dept to see if they can pull anything from the ECU.

Thanks fellas.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
jaridp
4th Gear
Originally Posted by D675
jaridp, thanks mate, I'll pm you the details later on.... I'm at work cars at home. But the car does have hill hold, quite a handy little function.

Its individual. I'm from Australia and I don't think we have as many packaged options as you guys do in the US.

Whats the "windows sticker"?

The dealer seems to think that maybe they put in the wrong button, but he'll have a chat to their service dept to see if they can pull anything from the ECU.

Thanks fellas.
Hmmm if you have hill hold Im pretty sure you have DSC.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, I'm guess they must have put the wrong button (very weird case). Having DSC is the only way to get hill hold assist.

The window sticker is the sheet that is usually attached to the window of your car upon delivery. It lists all your options and MSRP.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
jaridp
4th Gear
Dont forget guys this is a euro spec car so MIGHT have hill hold with ASC???

Old 01-17-2008, 07:42 PM
gjhsu
5th Gear
Look in front of your shifter, on the 3 buttons. If the rightmost buttons says "DSC" then you have DSC. If it says ASC+T, then you do not have DSC.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Push the button for a few seconds. If you have DSC it will show a trangle with an arrow around it as a warning light that it's been turned off. If you don't see the warning light directly in front of you, you don't have it. You do need to keep the button down for several seconds, though.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:31 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
If you have an ASC button you will not have DSC. It's one or the other.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
But he has hill-start assist and specced DSC. Although extremely abnormal, could it just be that the wrong button was installed?

Old 01-19-2008, 02:17 AM
D675
1st Gear
Thanks all....I'll let you know the result when i get the car to the dealer. But for those who want to bet on whether my car has DSC or ASC here are the stats

- My car has an ASC button.
- If I hold the ASC button down the harzard triangle with a arrow around it appears on the dash.
- I have hill start.
- My Sales contract says it has DSC.
- Its confirmed its not a North American Car
- I dont know what the hell I've got.

To be honest if the car doesn't have DSC and only ASC I don't really care from a performance perspective. But sure as hell I want them to give me something for the $840 it cost for DSC.

Cheers
Alex

Old 01-19-2008, 09:38 AM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Really sounds like they put on the wrong button.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:44 PM
SlowB00st
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by daffodildeb
Push the button for a few seconds. If you have DSC it will show a trangle with an arrow around it as a warning light that it's been turned off. If you don't see the warning light directly in front of you, you don't have it. You do need to keep the button down for several seconds, though.
Does the same with ASC so not much help there...