Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Window won't roll up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008 | 03:36 PM
F13rc3dr4g0n
|
Not short, fun size!
Window won't roll up.

I've had Coop for 14 months now and when I drive him, I ALWAYS roll my windows down, I only keep them up if it's cold outside. Well when I got back from MOTD, I noticed that the driver-side window was not rolling up all the way. I didn't think much about it at first, but after comparing it to the passenger side, it is really starting to bug me... especially after the rain we had two days ago. There is about 1/4 inch of window not going up, therefor it leaves full access for the rain to drop down and leak between the rubber weatherproofing and the glass. After the rain storm, I opened the door and had water fall out of the door sill, not much, but enough that I don't like it. If I drive in the rain, water leaks in at the front of the weatherproofing and heads straight towards the door speaker.
Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if it is an easy fix or if it will need to be in the shop for awhile...

Old 05-20-2008 | 05:13 PM
miniclubman
6th Gear
...there are a few posts for this problem with the window not doing the final "pop-up" after the door is closed. Some have fixed it by fully cycling the window up-and-down a few times, but you probably already tried that.

Old 05-20-2008 | 05:15 PM
miniclubman
6th Gear
...see this thread for a similar issue... https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=140591

Old 05-21-2008 | 05:03 AM
GregO
4th Gear
window

Makes me wonder if that's what happened to mine when I was greeted by wet carpeting on the passenger-side front and rear. Regarding your comment about water falling out, mine does this only on the driver's side - after a rain, I open the door and a cup of water comes pouring out . Zippy comes out on the passenger side. Odd.
Greg

Originally Posted by Hammerette
I've had Coop for 14 months now and when I drive him, I ALWAYS roll my windows down, I only keep them up if it's cold outside. Well when I got back from MOTD, I noticed that the driver-side window was not rolling up all the way. I didn't think much about it at first, but after comparing it to the passenger side, it is really starting to bug me... especially after the rain we had two days ago. There is about 1/4 inch of window not going up, therefor it leaves full access for the rain to drop down and leak between the rubber weatherproofing and the glass. After the rain storm, I opened the door and had water fall out of the door sill, not much, but enough that I don't like it. If I drive in the rain, water leaks in at the front of the weatherproofing and heads straight towards the door speaker.
Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if it is an easy fix or if it will need to be in the shop for awhile...

Old 05-21-2008 | 08:42 AM
daveag98
4th Gear
I have noticed the same problem, i think this is gonna need a software fix to solve it.

Whats worse is that sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not, so good luck getting the service dept to see it.