Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Amber gear icon showing... sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good, go for it and write down everything you want to say when you're talking to MINI USA. The scratches are not acceptable. It's one thing to have a mechanical failure - which no one wants, of course...but things do happen but to have scratches inflicted by the dealership, that's enough to make me go over the top.

Try to remain calm and don't get upset (not implying that you would) because you want to be all business.

Let us know what transpires next and good luck.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:36 PM
MJB MINI
3rd Gear
Okay step #1 I emailed the sales manager let's see what he has to say.

Trust me I am good and mad about the scratches and MINI USA is going to hear about that.

I also have it on one of the invoices that they fixed the scratches so they can't deny it.

What bothers me though is when they took car in July I was not given an invoice but I do have emails with dates and times on them stating when my car was there so I do believe that is proof correct. Also in May when my car would not go forward in drive we have a call to roadside assistance and also to the dealership even though they didn't see the car at that time.

I think they pi**ed the wrong person off here you know I am 1/2 polish and 1/2 italian I know what a combination.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:31 AM
MJB MINI
3rd Gear
My husband has now taken over.

I am getting a new MINI that is all I know for now, and also one without scratch marks.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Good news and you'll know that we'll all be waiting to hear the details. Glad you've been able to move forward on this.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:00 PM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MJB MINI
My husband has now taken over.

I am getting a new MINI that is all I know for now, and also one without scratch marks.
Great to hear that MJB

Keep us posted with the details when you can.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:08 AM
MJB MINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JCR1960
Great to hear that MJB

Keep us posted with the details when you can.
I certainly will, all I know for now is I am getting a new MINI not sure when yet but that is okay. I am glad my husband took over I just couldn't do it any longer.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:19 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad your Hubby is willing to solve issues for you, mine is a "Head in the Sand" kind of guy...I'm the problem solver in our house.

"Kick Butt ask Questions Later!!!"

Old 10-19-2008, 03:31 AM
MJB MINI
3rd Gear
"Kick Butt ask Questions Later!!!" [/quote]

You got that right we are not backing down.

Now on to more fun stuff We picked up our new puppy yesterday. We are all in love with him a totally adorable, mischievous puppy that wants to chew on everything.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:56 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Kick Butt ask Questions Later!!!"
You got that right we are not backing down.

Now on to more fun stuff We picked up our new puppy yesterday. We are all in love with him a totally adorable, mischievous puppy that wants to chew on everything.[/quote]

Pics. of Puppy please...I think all MINI Families should have a 4-legged critter TOO!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Yes, puppy photos please!

Old 10-19-2008, 11:44 AM
MJB MINI
3rd Gear
As soon as I get pictures from my friend and my hubby can load them we will post them. I am so computer dumb it is not funny.

The most awesome thing is my beloved Elliott and my new baby Jorge both had the same grandfather so they are cousins. This is truly a match made in heaven. I love this new puppy so much. I shed a few tears as did the breeder but what a wonderful addition to our family. Our home is alive again.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Otra
6th Gear
As odd as this may sound, when picking up my '09 Clubman auto., I was chatting with the main SA there at the dealership and he told me that he has not seen any new notices on this intermittent amber gear light. Apparently the other autos that have had the troubles that come through this dealership in Stamford, CT, have not had recurring problems after the adjustments were made.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:20 AM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
As odd as this may sound, when picking up my '09 Clubman auto., I was chatting with the main SA there at the dealership and he told me that he has not seen any new notices on this intermittent amber gear light. Apparently the other autos that have had the troubles that come through this dealership in Stamford, CT, have not had recurring problems after the adjustments were made.
That could be possible being that the percentage of automatics is much lower in sales compared to the manuals plus I've been the only one at my dealership that had a problem with the amber gear icon meaning they don't sell a lot of automatics either.IIRC it also relates to the production date.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Sure hope you're right, Otra! We've been cautiously "waiting for the other shoe to drop" since reading of MJB MINI's experience. As unhappy as I am for her situation, I'm glad she's getting a new MINI and hoping her recurring problems were just a fluke; only time will tell!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:57 AM
MJB MINI
3rd Gear
My new 2009 MINI has been ordered. Everything that my first one had will be on this one with no additional cost. We have to pay for title and registration which is maximum $167.00

I have a bunch of Jorge pictures I don't know if any of you would be comfortable with this, but if you are you can pm me your email address and I will send the pictures.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Good news, so they're not charging you the additional costs for the 2009. Did they give you an idea of when your '09 will arrive? I'm hoping that it will hit production soon.

I'll send you a PM... You can also upload some of Jorge to your gallery if you're more comfortable doing that?

Old 10-21-2008, 03:18 PM
MJB MINI
3rd Gear
Good news, so they're not charging you the additional costs for the 2009. Did they give you an idea of when your '09 will arrive? I'm hoping that it will hit production soon.

I'll send you a PM... You can also upload some of Jorge to your gallery if you're more comfortable doing that?

They said about 5 weeks, I do not have a production # yet but it doesn't matter. I guess I will be driving the Volkswagen Passat until my MINI gets here. Nope no additional costs just have to pay for title and registration which I guess the max is $167 or something like that.

I sent you the pictures of Jorge

Old 10-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Old 10-23-2008, 07:57 AM
JCR1960
5th Gear
My new 2009 MINI has been ordered. Everything that my first one had will be on this one with no additional cost. We have to pay for title and registration which is maximum $167.00
That is fantastic news to hear!!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:18 AM
MJB MINI
3rd Gear
I received a phone call from my SA, they are bringing my MINI back for me to drive until the my new one gets here. He was very nice and pleasant.

I love my Jorge he is laying at my feet and I just can't seem to get enough of him.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:29 AM
JCR1960
5th Gear
I received a phone call from my SA, they are bringing my MINI back for me to drive until the my new one gets here. He was very nice and pleasant.
Great to hear that.

But also Interesting as I thought on a buyback they put you in a loaner vehicle until your replacement one arrives.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 AM
MJB MINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JCR1960
Great to hear that.

But also Interesting as I thought on a buyback they put you in a loaner vehicle until your replacement one arrives.
Who can figure, still not sure when new one will get here our MA said about 5 weeks but time will tell. I know the vehicle I have been driving is one they have on the lot for sale they were all out of MINI loaners the day they picked up my vehicle. It will be good to be back in a MINI though and I am anxious to see how Jorge likes it. He has become a wonderful car rider seems to lay down and fall asleep, if only I could get him liking the crate somewhat. He crys from the time I put him in until I come back home. He sleeps with us so he is not in it at night I left him this morning for an hour so I am gradually getting him used to it

Old 10-30-2008, 07:45 AM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Who can figure, still not sure when new one will get here our MA said about 5 weeks but time will tell. I know the vehicle I have been driving is one they have on the lot for sale they were all out of MINI loaners the day they picked up my vehicle. It will be good to be back in a MINI though and I am anxious to see how Jorge likes it. He has become a wonderful car rider seems to lay down and fall asleep, if only I could get him liking the crate somewhat. He crys from the time I put him in until I come back home. He sleeps with us so he is not in it at night I left him this morning for an hour so I am gradually getting him used to it
Oh I see okay.

And sounds like you have such love for Jorge which is great

Old 11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
MJB MINI
3rd Gear
My MINI'S Birthday is 11/3 I received an email from my MA and it should be here in three weeks. I figure around Thanksgiving time for pickup

Old 11-04-2008, 01:37 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
My MINI'S Birthday is 11/3 I received an email from my MA and it should be here in three weeks. I figure around Thanksgiving time for pickup
That's great news! Will it be the exact same specs. as the other one, or did you make some different choices this time?

Quick Reply: Amber gear icon showing... sometimes