Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Some warranty work done on my new '08 MCS

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:19 AM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some warranty work done on my new '08 MCS

As some of you know there is a heat problem in the driver footwell of the R56 after driving around for a bit.My MCS has the same problem and took it in to MINI for warranty work.I was told that it is a known problem and they are working on a remedy for it.My SA has an open RO on the matter and will contact me as soon as they know the fix for it.

Also had my Bi-Xenon headlights re-aligned because they were causing a lot of flashes from oncoming traffic and very angry truck drivers.
They were so out of alignment from the factory it wasn't even funny!! Problem fixed.

Plus had all 3 wiper blades replaced due to poor wiping performance.

And an oil change at 5050 miles that I decided to have done based on other members recommendation posted here on NAM.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:07 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
The hot footwell issue has been around a long time. I personally don't have it, but some have it bad. It's a heater coil/hose that runs right next to the footwell on the driver's side that always has water in it. I think some have wrapped the part with insulation to lessen the problem. I never got why some have this and some don't, because I would think the part would be in the exact same place in every car. I can hardly feel heat there even with flip flops.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:31 AM
korby
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
The hot footwell issue has been around a long time. I personally don't have it, but some have it bad. It's a heater coil/hose that runs right next to the footwell on the driver's side that always has water in it. I think some have wrapped the part with insulation to lessen the problem. I never got why some have this and some don't, because I would think the part would be in the exact same place in every car. I can hardly feel heat there even with flip flops.
Why can some cook steaks on there bonnets and others cant ?

Old 06-10-2008, 07:29 PM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
I've read the threads relating to the heat issue in the driver footwell and personally I never noticed it until my long drive to Minnesota from Florida recently after hours of driving on the highway otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed it.I ended up directing the A/C to the footwell along with the dash vents to help reduce some of the heat.

My SA did say MINI is aware of the situation also more in the European MINI Coopers and the engineers are working on a fix for it.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:12 PM
r56mini
6th Gear
I strongly recommend the PIAA wipers. If the OEM blades keep failing try the PIAA silicon blades.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:00 AM
JCR1960
5th Gear
Originally Posted by r56mini
I strongly recommend the PIAA wipers. If the OEM blades keep failing try the PIAA silicon blades.
Even though the wiper blades are covered under the full factory maintenance program of 3/36,000 I might end up going that route if they still aren't cleaning well after the replacment.

Thanks.