Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Water Leak 08 Clubman

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008 | 04:06 AM
JP4
|
1st Gear
Water Leak 08 Clubman

So I noticed this 3 times before I brought to the dealer.
When IT rains car parked in driveway nose of car pointed up slight incline.
Water pools up in the spare tire well, of course the answer from the dealer Is that they cant duplicate It. Of course It has rained many times and the water gathers down In there.
So what to do next, check it out Clubman owners.I cant be the only one.

Thanks

JP

O8 MCCS/A Spark/Silver

Old 06-16-2008 | 04:32 AM
GP0256
5th Gear
Had this problem with my 00 Civic Si (R.I.P.) and there was no way to tel where it was coming from. We replaced and siliconed everything and got nothing. And naturally, the HOSE DID NOT WORK when they tried to duplicate the problem. It only happened when it rained. I just kept a towel back there for years and dried it overy so often when it rained. I am sorry for your inconvenience and I would demand it be fixed. Write a letter to MINI USA!

Old 06-16-2008 | 04:34 AM
GregO
4th Gear
leak

Check around this forum - I remember seeing several clubman owner posts talking about water leaking in from the rear doors. Good luck. Greg

Originally Posted by JP4
Water pools up in the spare tire well, of course the answer from the dealer Is that they cant duplicate It. Of course It has rained many times and the water gathers down In there.

Thanks

JP

O8 MCCS/A Spark/Silver

Old 06-16-2008 | 04:47 AM
JP4
|
1st Gear
Waer Leak

Thanks guys for the replies but whats crazy there is no water anywere else in the car. Carpets are dry, Put a super bright light under the tire well no light leaks. I really think its working its way through the bumper mount.

Ill Keep ya posted
Thanks JP

Old 06-17-2008 | 06:00 AM
bugeye1031
Please post this issue in the Clubman forum.

I'm considering ordering a Clubman within the next month and would like to know if this is a common problem and what Mini is going to do to fix it.

Thanks and good luck.

Old 06-17-2008 | 08:42 AM
JP4
|
1st Gear
Hey bugeye Its a problem in mine but of course MINI hasent heard of it before.And I have posted in the clubman area no replies.Contacted mini waiting for a good answer which they cant seem to answer.Note this only happens parked on a incline car pointed uphill.

JP

Old 07-03-2008 | 08:37 AM
BMWNA
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JP4

Thanks

JP

O8 MCCS/A Spark/Silver

I'm with MINI USA. I've passed this message on to a MINI National Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

Old 07-03-2008 | 11:33 AM
pilotart
6th Gear
Greatest automotive mistake I ever made was to Trade-in my fabulous '67 OHC Six Firebird for the 400 HP '69 model.

My reason had been a mysterious leak that filled the trunk, after the Pontiac Dealer gave my old car to his Daughter for Graduation,
the mystery was solved.

Just a fault in a simple drain line from a tray around convertible top that caught the water as it ran down in this area.

I mention this, as I see that the MINI Sunroof has a similar drain system.

Old 07-03-2008 | 07:59 PM
saturn
4th Gear
Hmmm, I had a problem with water coming out of the bottom of my rearview mirror. Turns out that the drain tubes from the sunroof had wiggled loose. What I'm thinking is that it might be possible that you have the same problem and that having your car parked slightly uphill is causing the water to run down the headliner to the corner pillars and to the spare wheel area. Possible?