Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

OBD Code reading failure

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:11 PM
okijack
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBD Code reading failure

Hello all. A puzzling problem that I hope someone out there in Mini land can help me solve. I have a SES light. I plugged in my OBD scan tool and the tool gives me an error message. So I took the car to a local mini dealer and they too were not able to pull the code from the OBD plug on the driver's side. I ended up having to pull the code directly from the ECU. I checked the OBD plug and it seems to be working as advertised. Anyone know why I can not pull the code from the OBD plug inside the car? I have an Ian's window autoup. Will that cause interference? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 AM
barroomhero07
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by okijack
Hello all. A puzzling problem that I hope someone out there in Mini land can help me solve. I have a SES light. I plugged in my OBD scan tool and the tool gives me an error message. So I took the car to a local mini dealer and they too were not able to pull the code from the OBD plug on the driver's side. I ended up having to pull the code directly from the ECU. I checked the OBD plug and it seems to be working as advertised. Anyone know why I can not pull the code from the OBD plug inside the car? I have an Ian's window autoup. Will that cause interference? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
might it possibly be a fuse?