Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Boot not closing

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:07 PM
NikiMae31
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boot not closing

Lately the left side of my boot doesn't close all the way..I've checked everything and nothing seems to be blocking it..I was thinking maybe it was the hydrolics holding it up is not letting it go down all the way..there have been a couple times I've had to slam the boot shut to close it, and yet the left side is still a little up..anyone had this issue or any ideas how to fix it?

Old 08-04-2008, 02:50 PM
andrewholmes
4th Gear
yep...got the same problem i think . when mine is closed it isnt quite closed all the way on either side. i have seen a few of the eary ones like this as well. if you have tried to screw in (half turn at a time) the left side black rubber stopper and that hasnt helped then the best i can say is i have been told it is a bad latch. they are only around 68 bucks or so but i havent got around to doing mine yet so i couldnt tell ya if it help. if you figure it out let me know!

Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Eurothrasher
6th Gear
Received 168 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by NikiMae31
Lately the left side of my boot doesn't close all the way..I've checked everything and nothing seems to be blocking it..I was thinking maybe it was the hydrolics holding it up is not letting it go down all the way..there have been a couple times I've had to slam the boot shut to close it, and yet the left side is still a little up..anyone had this issue or any ideas how to fix it?
First check to make sure rubber stripping is seated properly all the way around.

If you think the hydraulics is the cause, maybe you can remove the hydraulics from side of boot that is not fully seating, then see if it closes properly.

The only problem I have had with my boot, is that my boot cover behind back seat can get caught up in area of wiper motor cover preventing the boot from closing properly. Usually happens after I have had the cover out of the car and re-installing the cover for first time and closing boot

Good luck,

PS: Any water in bottom of boot well ?

Old 08-26-2008, 03:30 PM
NikiMae31
3rd Gear
so now my boot lid isnt closing at all...something wrong with the left hinge..has the latch over by almost an inch..any ideas on the best way to fix this? do i need to remove the entire lid to fix it??