Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Issues with 1FastMini... Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 04:32 PM
justaguyinvegas
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like this Eddie character needs to clear a few things up. Like how he responded to Treed's accusations but does not address the invalid tracking number conundrum. I for one will never do business with Eddie.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:38 PM
TReed
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Lisa@1FastMINI
Tracey, I'm sorry that Eddie chose me over you. Unfortunately, I think this thread should deal with the issue at hand, not your personal life.

BTW When the whole issue came up with your side skirt, I urged Eddie not to get involved. Unfortunately, he is just a good guy and wanted to help out a fellow SSM member. In the end we got burned and are now stuck with a CR aero kit side skirt...if anybody needs one.

I have witnessed Eddie spending multiple hours trying to track down this package with UPS. I am hopeful that the misunderstanding will be resolved quickly.

This isn't about my personal life, it's about a vendor who is not honest.
YOU both are making this personal, I'm just stating facts.
The problem at hand is just a little too similar to the problem I had. I guess he hoped this customer would just 'go away' and not press the issue. It should have never come to this if he answered the customer back in March or May (actually sooner).

Old 08-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TReed

This isn't about my personal life, it's about a vendor who is not honest.
YOU both are making this personal, I'm just stating facts.
The problem at hand is just a little too similar to the problem I had. I guess he hoped this customer would just 'go away' and not press the issue. It should have never come to this if he answered the customer back in March or May (actually sooner).
This is getting interesting....

Old 08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Eddie@1FastMINI
Banned
Originally Posted by justaguyinvegas
Sounds like this Eddie character needs to clear a few things up. Like how he responded to Treed's accusations but does not address the invalid tracking number conundrum. I for one will never do business with Eddie.
I spent hours on the phone with UPS on this issue today.
I am not sure why it does not show up on there site,maybe because its shipped to canada.

And I really don't care I have contacted the customer directly about this issue and it will be resolved.

I am done posting on here.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
1speedy1
2nd Gear
First...I have done business with 1FastEddie in the past and have never run into any issues like this. I spent quite a bit of time with him at MINI Takes the States also and learned even more about his character!

UPS has lost packages to me in the past, however, I did not wait 8 months to start investigating.

With all the information shown...it appears as Eddie has been more than helpful.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:58 PM
DrewN
6th Gear
Oh...my...God....

looks like we need the MJ popcorn GIF again

This is seriously getting out of hand, I hope the original issue is resolved. Seems like all parties are up front enough though.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:09 PM
volki
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrewN
...seems like all parties are up front enough though.
May be more than necessary

Old 08-14-2008, 05:19 PM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
I have also had several parts shipped to my home via the 1FastMINI website and then had Eddie install them. I have never had any issues whatsoever in of my business dealings with him. But I have had issues with UPS and missing shipments before.

I also got to know Eddie very well on the Flying Finn Rally of MTTS and find all these allegations ludicrous. I do not believe for one minute that he is the kind of guy who would do such a thing. In fact I was very impressed with Eddie both as a person and with his knowledge of MINIs.

It does bother me, however that the moderators would allow these kind of personal and apparently unsubstantiated attacks to continue on someone on this national forum.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
SPDinNY
5th Gear
LOL this is like a Spanish Mini soap opera but I can understand it. Trading parts for sex? I wonder what Jan would need for a RMW head?

Old 08-14-2008, 05:47 PM
TravisNJ
2nd Gear
This thread gets:

Old 08-14-2008, 05:48 PM
richs10
5th Gear
Not that I want to prematurely end this soap opera (it's more interesting than anything on cable tonight), but has the OP gotten his part or a refund yet?

A Part?
or
A Refund?

Then we can get back to the Novella.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Old 08-14-2008, 05:54 PM
richs10
5th Gear
By just reading this thread, I am beginning to understand the level of frustration on the part of the OP.

I would hate if my name was used in a sentence with the words "ripped off".
I would think the first thing to do would be to make sure the customer is taken care of. But that's just me.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:56 PM
TReed
2nd Gear
Should be a refund since he is no longer an Alta dealer...

Old 08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
kapps
6th Gear
Yeah, this is getting pretty bad. Eddie said that he's already contacted the customer so there's not much more use for this thread.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:03 PM
clnconcpts
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Eddie@1FastMINI
I spent hours on the phone with UPS on this issue today.
I am not sure why it does not show up on there site,maybe because its shipped to canada.

And I really don't care I have contacted the customer directly about this issue and it will be resolved.

I am done posting on here.
Not the response i was looking for,We should know what happens.Since,Im ready to spend $1500,this doesnt sound very promising

Old 08-14-2008, 06:37 PM
daemon2
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MichaelSF
The Vendor posted a pic of the UPS tracking info.

Am I being unreasonable to consider it inappropriate that the vendor posted the customer's address on a public forum?
I was concerned with this but have chose not to deal with it so far. I am open to sharing everything about my experience at this time.
I may ask a moderator to grey out my personal info later to protect it.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:39 PM
daemon2
4th Gear
They ran the same number I was provided in the screen capture. THeir answer was it was an invalid tracking number, not that it was an old tracking number.
Invalid.

Originally Posted by MichaelSF
For customer inquiries UPS, FEDEx, DHL and others will only do so much. But they are required by law [aka Homeland Security] to permanently keep data on shipping [and other things we are not supposed to know about].

Ordered to dig deep enough, they can find out every detail on this shipment.

When you say you ran the tracking number do you mean the one in the pic supplied by the vendor? If so, make sure that you gave them the exact number. It's easy to get them wrong when transcribing or whatever.

Also, for plain old customers UPS only goes so far back. But they could still tell you that the tracking number was valid or not. For example, they can tell you what part of the number is inaccurate, if that is the issue.

Sidenote: Much of UPS customer service is pretty sad. Staffed with incompetents, rude and unprofessional people. Not saying UPS is the problem [rather than the vendor] but I would not trust everything UPS says on the phone. [Their drivers are great though, IMHO. Hard working and do what they have to do to get the job done.]

Old 08-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by justaguyinvegas
Like how he responded to Treed's accusations but does not address the invalid tracking number conundrum. I for one will never do business with Eddie.
Am I wrong in thinking that it's obvious why the Tracking number is now invalid since the UPS notification claims that it was DELIVERED over SEVEN months ago? I don't think tracking numbers retain their information forever, do they?

Originally Posted by daemon2
They ran the same number I was provided in the screen capture. THeir answer was it was an invalid tracking number, not that it was an old tracking number.
Invalid.
I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Once delivered, they delete the information from their database. Now when you search the number 7 months later, it no longer finds information so it says 'invalid'.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TReed
Should be a refund since he is no longer an Alta dealer...

Why did that need to be said? Sounds like your a little bitter there .

For the record I ship 30 Million dollars of product on average a year. We used UPS for 20 years and as of Jan 07 I switched all of our shipping to FedEx.

Why? Because of things like we see in this post and a whole lot of other problem including really poor customer service. A tracking number that no longer shows up . Happens so often you would be shocked.

Longboard

Old 08-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Rally@StanceDesign
Am I wrong in thinking that it's obvious why the Tracking number is now invalid since the UPS notification claims that it was DELIVERED over SEVEN months ago? I don't think tracking numbers retain their information forever, do they?

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Once delivered, they delete the information from their database. Now when you search the number 7 months later, it no longer finds information so it says 'invalid'.
Once delivered it will still show up. I use this all the time when I'm waiting for something to arrive at work. The system will tell me it's here and sitting in my receiving department. Will it still work months later? No but one call to the service center and they "should" be able to give info.

Problem is having your package delivered with out a signature required. The UPS man can easily drop it off at the wrong stop and enter it into his hand held. I've personally picked up packages sent to us all around the neighborhood. And no, I wasn't informed by UPS but rather my good neighbors.

Longboard

Old 08-14-2008, 06:57 PM
lilruffcat
6th Gear
Ok.. from someone who worked in the ups billing site here in SC...
Call the UPS Customer service.. explain to them.. you need a copy of the shipper bill. They can pull it up.. they can actually see the whole thing.. irregardless of its age, the doc can be found. A photo copy of it can be sent to you. I have to tell you.. one.. when you call the 1-800 number you will only get to speak to someone in tier 1.. ask them to please send a ticket to tier 2.. which the information will be given to the woman.. who is in the same building.. and she will look up the information, because .. canada is considered international it may take a bit longer to get the doc.. but it can be done.. yes.. the number is invalid.. if your looking on the usa side.. if you dont specify when you call that your looking for a canadian shipment.. they will auto look in the us.. having no reason to check any other data base... you have to be specific.. especially if they person from ups is a new billing analyst, they won't know that the code.. is coded for canada.. The shipping number on the document that is listed here, is invalid.. there is information missing.. but that could have been the analyst not putting all the info there, or simply its not a valid ups tracking number.. it is a 1z tracking number, but.. going to canada.. its shouldn't be a ground shipment.. there is more paperwork, that is available if the shipper pulls up the invoice for ups for that month, and looks.. the package that was sent will be listed as a worldship.. there is a full tracking number there, if he doesn't have the invoice.. easy enough he just has to call and request a rebill.. and they will send the invoice again.
I think.. waiting so long, doesn't help.. I would have been all over this months ago, and I think that doing it in public.. which drew some wild accusations, that... if I were the vendor.. my answer would have4 been the same.. he is dealing it in private.. and what more is there to say? i wouldn't come and feel like I have to defend myself..we are human, we make mistakes.. I sometimes really hate how people tend to jump on a bandwagon.. because of remarks.. that are negative.. yes this is an open forum and it is good to know when things aren't necessarily correct.. but give the guy a break.. he said he is working on it! let him fix it!

Last edited by lilruffcat; 08-14-2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Longboard Mini

For the record I ship 30 Million dollars of product on average a year. We used UPS for 20 years and as of Jan 07 I switched all of our shipping to FedEx.

Why? Because of things like we see in this post and a whole lot of other problem including really poor customer service. A tracking number that no longer shows up . Happens so often you would be shocked.

Longboard
Seriously. Seams like UPS is the cause of everything.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:14 PM
nstig8r
Neutral
Eddie has completed several modifications and regular service to my Mini without any problems. I really hate to see so much drama raised by others that are not involved with this situation.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:27 PM
TReed
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Longboard Mini

Longboard
I have no reason to be bitter. I received a refund after threatening to dispute the charges with my credit card company. It needed to be said because he is still advertising Alta products in his banner and ads, when in fact he personally told me back in April that Alta had dropped him as a vendor because of customer service issues.

My advice is proceed with caution. I will not purchase from him or let him work on my MINI again because I know that he has lied to me and to others in our local club on several occasions, and the last thing he installed for me was not done properly and I had to pay another mechanic to fix it. It's the other peoples decision if they want to post about it, but after seeing the way I was attacked they probably won't.

According to daemon2, he had UPS check to see if ANY packaged had been delivered to his home in CANADA around that time, so I would assume that they realized he was dealing with an international shipment. I ship via UPS on a daily basis and in 11 years have had only 2 issues. Not saying they are perfect by any means, but as I posted before, I tracked a package today that was from June 2007 and it was still in their tracking system. It wasn't international, though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I felt bad to hear that someone else had a problem dealing with them, and since I didn't post about my experience as a warning, I thought, "wow, maybe I could have prevented this guy from getting screwed around and maybe I can prevent others." Even if it was just letting him know to follow up sooner and be persistent. Which is a shame because the customer should not have to nag a vendor to ship their purchase or at least provide a tracking number.

Hopefully daemon2 will get some resolution. Then I guess all will be right in the NAM world again. I've figured out one thing, people don't want to hear negative feedback, and turn to personal attacks to defend themselves.

Quick Reply: Issues with 1FastMini... Resolved