Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Issues with 1FastMini... Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:41 PM
daemon2
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Issues with 1FastMini... Resolved

Last Christmas I ordered an Alta fuel pump from 1FastMini. I received a confirmation and saw the order updated on their website. The credit card was billed.
weeks passed and no pump.
Requested update, they advised it had shipped.
Months passed no pump.
Requested multiple updates, one is included below.
Now my customer history has been deleted from their website and they no longer take my e-mail.
Someone at 1FastMini owes me $180 for a pump.
Does anyone know these people?

Re: Order Confirmation
Sent:
May 9, 2008 8:12:16 PM
To:
Greg Dansereau (tenrats@hotmail.com)

I'm sorry I thought you received this is was shipped months ago.
I will check into it monday.
On May 9, 2008, at 10:09 PM, Greg Dansereau wrote:

Do you have a shipping or tracking number for me?

To: service@1fastmini.com; tenrats@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Order Confirmation
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:25:00 -0600

I have not received my fuel pump. What has happened?

> Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:10:16 +0000
> From: Service@1FastMINI.com
> To: tenrats@hotmail.com
> Subject: Order Confirmation
>
>
>
> Thank you for your recent order. Below is your confirmation that we received your order. Please
> review the information below and notify us immediately if you have any questions.
>
>
>
> Customer Service
> 1FastMINI.com
> (321) 284-4772
> Service@1FastMINI.com
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> ORDER CONFIRMATION Invoice No. 74
>
> Bill To:
> Gre
> CA
>
> Ship To:
> Gre
> CA
>
> Order Date: 12/27/07
> Payment By: Visa
> Confirmation No: 9545173A9
> Shipment Tracking:
>
>
>
> 1FastMINI.com Items
> 1 Alta Performance Fuel Pump Kit @ $180.00 = $180.00
>
> Sub-Total: $180.00
> Shipping: $0.00 (Standard)
> Sales Tax: $0.00
>
> 1FastMINI.com Total: $180.00
>
>
>
>
>
> ck into it monday.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:46 PM
chpsk8
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you paid by Visa just call the 800 number on the back of the card and tell them you never received the product you ordered. They will credit you back the money. You need to do this soon since you've waited 8 months since the order was placed.
At least then you have the money back.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:56 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
Believe it is 90 days automatic after that there is some sort of claim process. Never had a problem with a Mini vendor but have exercised the 90 day a few times with great success. Either way you should call your credit card and put it in dispute.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 PM
daemon2
4th Gear
Thanks for the replies. I will try going through visa. I waited too long I know, but have fallen into trusting MINI vendors.
It is easy to get a bit too comfortable on a site like this one.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:20 PM
minimarks
6th Gear
If you have ordered something and it is not shipped on time or a short time after you are not unreasonable to freeze the money with your credit card until they have delivered on the contract and as soon as you are satisfied you call the CC company and take it out of dispute. If the Vendor has a problem with that and doesn't come through cancel the order, you don't want to do business with them anyway.. Just my 2 cents. PS: Most good vendors do not or should not process the charge until it is shipped anyway.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 PM
littlehandegan
Coordinator :: Low Country MINIs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats not like them at all. Dang, sorry bout your problems.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Vendor Boycott Time?

Old 08-14-2008, 03:36 AM
SNEEEZY - Erika
Rattle Can Queen!!!
I haven't purchased anything from 1FastMINI, but I can see two scenarios:

1. The pkg. WAS shipped but may have been stolen from your porch, etc. I'm certain that the vendor will see this thread and will work hard to check their shipping logs and provide you with a tracking number.

2. The pkg. WASN'T shipped and the vendor will do the right thing and ship out the pkg. with SIGNATURE REQUIRED to reduce the risk of theft. If this scenario occurs, I recommend having the pkg. shipped to where you work (if possible) or to a family member/friend who is home during the day.

Lastly, it's not uncommon for online sales history records to be purged every 6 months. Did it occur to you to use a different email addy to contact the vendor...or to even give them a call?

I'm sure it will all work out.

Erika

Old 08-14-2008, 04:09 AM
chema
1st Gear
certainly a warning to others...

Old 08-14-2008, 04:09 AM
PlayPlay
6th Gear
What do you mean they no longer take your e-mails?

Perhaps call the Better Business Bureau?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:35 AM
Tu13es
5th Gear
Yeah, credit cards FTW. Here's a story of mine:

I ordered two VERY LARGE floorstanding speakers from Newegg for about $350 (normally they were twice that). When I received it, it was only one speaker. I called and Newegg said "just ship us the speaker back and we will refund your money minus shipping". I refused as shipping was quoted at around $120. They told me they would reimburse me for a part of the return shipping cost. I again refused.

I then disputed the charge with the CC and also left a bad rating on http://resellerratings.com/. I'm not sure which prompted it, but within a few hours I had a shipping pickup arranged and they offered all my money back plus $50 for my troubles.

All in all, it turned out okay, but kinda sucked that I had to cause so much ruckus first.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:58 AM
minimarks
6th Gear
Yea I ordered a Webber grill and they shipped a lessor model called and they said to ship it back at my expense and they would ship the correct one, disputed the charges and told them the grill shipped could be picked up at their cost at said address or would be thrown away in 90 days. Miraculously the grill I ordered arrived in two days with a return ship pick-up for the other one. The guy tryed to tell me I couldn't dispute it at first... If you put something on a CC you can dispute the charge for ANY reason within 90 days and the money is removed from their account until resolution.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:16 AM
coobah
2nd Gear
This does not sound like 1FastMini at all to me.
Let me try to understand this process:

If I may ask, why order something from a vendor, then wait 3 months to inquire about its whereabouts? Then wait over another month to recheck on the purchase? THEN, wait 3 more months to post something on NAM to try to discredit a vendor... If I purchased something for $180 bucks, I would have tracked it a little bit more carefully. Maybe it was stolen from your home, or misplaced during delivery, but that is what tracking #'s are for. I am also a big fan of actually calling vendors, rather than emailing them, it seems to speed up the process, but that appears from the information to not have been too major a concern.

1FastMini is not in the business to cheat people, that is just not what my experiences, and countless others I know that deal with them would tell you.

And a quick note to the others that recommended boycotting and BBB. I have found that if you don't have any history with the vendor or party at hand, don't recommend such things, it is just stirring an already boiling pot. I have had numerous dealings with this vendor, and that is the only reason I am posting something to try to refute some of the replies I have seen on this thread.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by coobah; 08-14-2008 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Eddie@1FastMINI
Banned
I don't know what to say about this. Except. If you did not receive your order I am very sorry.
Please Send me your information ASAP. this can be done many ways: E-mail Service@1FastMINI.com, Fax 407-740-6494, or mail copies to 1FastMINI Services 2005 Kentucky ave Winter Park Fl 32789.

As for your order not showing up on our site. You ordered from our old site and due to lack of space Customer information was purged after 90 days.
That is one of the reasons we moved to a new server.

Once again Let me say I am very sorry and I will do everything I can to make this right.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:48 AM
wbarnhill
Coordinator :: Upstate MINIs
That doesn't sound like 1FastMINI. Did you try calling them?

Edit: Sounds like Eddie is on the case! I hope this gets resolved quickly and painlessly.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 AM
daemon2
4th Gear
1FastMini has requested my order information again. I have submitted the requested info expecting a refund.
The order on their site was never updated to shipped, even though they advised me it had been a number of times.
I have purchased a lot of items from vendors and NAM members and have never lost or had a package stolen from my door. I have family members at home.
I appreciate the responses and I will keep you posted.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Poppa Bear
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Eddie@1FastMINI
I don't know what to say about this. Except. If you did not receive your order I am very sorry.
Please Send me your information ASAP. this can be done many ways: E-mail Service@1FastMINI.com, Fax 407-740-6494, or mail copies to 1FastMINI Services 2005 Kentucky ave Winter Park Fl 32789.

As for your order not showing up on our site. You ordered from our old site and due to lack of space Customer information was purged after 90 days.
That is one of the reasons we moved to a new server.

Once again Let me say I am very sorry and I will do everything I can to make this right.
I've gotta give props to 1FastMINI for this response alone.

Not knowing EVERY single possible detail, just the fact that they have responded to your concerns, just as publicly, without rancor or sarcasm but professionally, stands them high in my book for future internet purchases. Being an overseas Service Member and avid MINI-ac, being able to buy online is everything to me.

I do hope (and think) that this will work itself out, quite soon. Please daemon2, keep us in the loop on the details.

Cheers!!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Poppa Bear
I've gotta give props to 1FastMINI for this response alone.

Not knowing EVERY single possible detail, just the fact that they have responded to your concerns, just as publicly, without rancor or sarcasm but professionally, stands them high in my book for future internet purchases. Being an overseas Service Member and avid MINI-ac, being able to buy online is everything to me.

I do hope (and think) that this will work itself out, quite soon. Please daemon2, keep us in the loop on the details.

Cheers!!
Of course he was to respond. Do you realize he would lose business from this? Hopefully it all works out.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Eddie@1FastMINI
Banned
Package was Delivered

I have spent all morning on this issue. Here is a print out from UPS.
As you can clearly see it was delivered.
If there is anything else I can do to Help resolve this issue don't hesitate to call me.

Moderator edits - Removed Personal Information

Last edited by gnatster; 08-14-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Eddie@1FastMINI
I have spent all morning on this issue. Here is a print out from UPS.
As you can clearly see it was delivered.
If there is anything else I can do to Help resolve this issue don't hesitate to call me.
IMAGE Removed by Moderator to protect Personal Information
Clearly photoshopped! j/k Anyways, looks like someone stole your package Greg. I would try to get in contact with UPS. I doubt it will help though, they are a bunch of idiots. Best of Luck though.

Last edited by gnatster; 08-14-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:24 AM
PGT
Banned
eight months to give someone a tracking number when told 'no receipt'? If that's the case, do you honestly think UPS would do ANYTHING at this point to locate it? heck, even if it was stolen off his porch, the cops would laugh at this phone call as well.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:40 AM
daemon2
4th Gear
OK. I opened my claim with visa. I ran this tracking number on UPS and got this: "The number you ran is not a valid tracking number. Review and update the field below."
I called UPS, they ran the tracking number and said it was not a valid tracking number. They were also nice enough to run my address and check all deliveries around that time frame and said they had no packages in the system or attempted deliveries.
I have added a screen capture of the UPS website response in my gallery.
This is bad.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Procrastination & its consequences.....

I think the tread title should be changed. It does a disservice to an honest businessman.

A more suitable one would be.... Procrastination & its consequences.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:01 AM
coobah
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Crashton
I think the tread title should be changed. It does a disservice to an honest businessman.

A more suitable one would be.... Procrastination & its consequences.
Much agreed Crashton, the title should be changed. A more appropriate title there could not be.......

Vendor clarity in this matter has been presented. The vendor has proven they did not "rip off" anyone, but provided the item ordered (in a very timely manner), and have provided documented proof from the delivery company, that the package was delivered as ordered.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:14 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
If the OP thinks the Subject line needs to be changed then it can be done. However unless the Subject runs afoul of the NAM Guidelines then it stands.

I too think in light of response by the vendor there an edit is in order but that's just one mans opinion.

Quick Reply: Issues with 1FastMini... Resolved