Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Bunch of lights came on...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:14 AM
diptenkrom
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bunch of lights came on...

got in my mini yesterday morning, and there were a bunch of lights on the dash... i was very frustrated, but i thought that it could be fuses or something. it was not. also my pass. side window stopped working, but i got it going again.

anyway, on the dash are the brake light(this one was on, and i know what needs to be done), ABS, DSC, and tire pressure. i checked all of the fuses for the ABS and DSC, going to check tire pressure, but any ideas? i think that the ABS and DSC are interconnected, so there is likely one problem, just not sure what it is.

just a brief history... i drove it all last week, and no probs. did not drive it over the weekend except to move it in the driveway to cut grass. it sat for a day and a half, and therte was a rainstorm. i don't think that the rain could have splashed up enough dirt to get teh abs sensors dirty to the point of not working though. then monday took it to work.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:15 AM
golden_child
Coordinator :: Capital Area MINI Modders
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wheel speed sensor.

do a search on

1) abs dsc brake light

2) light trifecta

3) wheel speed sensor

in titles only, and voila...your questions will be answered. A lot of info out there on these lights coming on.

My lights came on a month ago.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:20 PM
moe67
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check harness under abs mod.,had same problem all the wires were frayed including the speed sensor wire. problems started happening when car was washed or it rained.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:46 PM
MINIGURU@WAY MOTOR WORKS
Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you need to get the code pulled. That could be a number of things like listed below. I wouldn't think it would be a steering angle sensor, you don't get an abs light with it bad. Probaly a speed sensor, or wiring problem. But I can be 99.9% positive that it isn't dirt on the sensor from rain. The sensors will work dirty or not, the dirt would have to be metal flakes to interfere with the sensor.