Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Low tire pressure light

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM
wewantamini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low tire pressure light

2003 MCS Last Friday the low tire pressure light and the orange triangle light (the one that comes on if the dsc is turn off) came on while my wife was driving.After she stopped the car and restarted it they were both off.I checked the tire pressures and the left rear was low about 22 lbs.I set all the pressures to 35 and all seemed well.Tonight and her way home the tire pressure light came on again.I checked all the tires and they are still at 35.

Ideas??????????????

Old 08-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Xymox
5th Gear
I see no mentioning of you resetting the TPMS. Therefore, try that (https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...highlight=TPMS)

Old 08-25-2008, 04:19 PM
frenchie
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you must educate the system as to what is normal, it will compare this information going forward to the actual, when the deviation is greater that the threshold the light comes on.....therefor I suggest that you make sure the pressures are correct (check and adjust the pressure if necessary when the tires are cold!) then take the car for a ride and reset the tpms. Repeat this procedure every time you find it necessary to add or remove air or when replacing tires. the system is only as good as it s training. Hope this helps.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
wewantamini
1st Gear
I tried 2x to reset it.Key to position 2 hold button down for a few seconds start the drive for several minutes and the light should go off Yes???

I also noticed while driving it that the outside temperature read out has changed from f to c???

Old 08-26-2008, 06:09 AM
wewantamini
1st Gear
Tried 2 more times this morning light still flashes.Even tried disconnecting the battery thinking it might reset.No luck.Was thinking about deflating all 4 refilling and starting over.HELP

Old 08-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Xymox
5th Gear
Initialization is completed while you
are driving, but you can stop the car
at any time. Initialization is automatically
continued when you continue driving. Do
not initialize the system if you are driving
with snow chains or a space-saver spare
tire.

1. Before a journey, start the engine, but do
not start driving.
2. Press the button until the indicator lamp
in the display elements lights up in yellow
for several seconds.
3. Drive off.
Initialization is completed during the
drive, without any feedback issued.

----------------------------------------------------------------
So are you saying, after you complete the above, the TPMS yellow light does not turn off? Interesting. Have you tried holding down the TPMS button, turning the key in the ignition to the 2nd setting, and then depress the TPMS button before turning over/starting the car? That should do it.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:53 AM
wewantamini
1st Gear
Old 08-29-2008, 12:56 PM
dodgeboy461
Neutral
Low tire pressure light

Here is an interesting result I had the same situation as you. The light would not stay out after I checked all the tire pressures, took the car for a drive as recommended, the light still stayed on. Just a thought I checked the spare and the presure was so low it didn't register on the guage. So I blew it up from the remote spot to 30 psig and the light went out and stayed out. This is a 2004 Cooper from what I can see from the diagram there appears to be no co-relation to the system, but it still worked for me.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:14 AM
Fragfratz
1st Gear
Same issue

Just recently had this problem start & was scratching my head like WTF??? I had the oil changed on my car & on the paperwork they gave me back there was nothing about the tire pressure check when the car went in but they did have that all tires had 35 coming out. Since then the tire sensor light keeps coming on. 1 tire seems to be loosing air really fast compared to the others but with the overall picture I'm just not sure if it's the sensor not resetting when I add air or if there is a legit problem???? I've tried resetting it, and it's worked a couple of times but not always. Very interested in what we all find out....let me know & this coming week I'm taking Tink in to see about her tires & some other work so...

TIA