Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Water Pump... brand new after 2 week ...on a 08 mini (non-s)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:56 AM
MIMICOOPER08
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water Pump... brand new after 2 week ...on a 08 mini (non-s)

i got a mini cooper non-S 2008.5
with the convinience paquage
automatic with the sunroof-heat seat ...

anyway ...
i bought it 3 month ago
and for the last 2 month it drive me crazy

the water pump got replace cuz it was making a weird noise ...
they change the top glasses and the ''slider'' of the sunroof cuz it won't open after only 2 weeks ...
they opened the 2 front door and change the windows-motor cuz when i tried to oppen or closed them .. they were making a squicking noize ...

do every 2008.5 mini's have thoes problem or ... i'm y crazy ... do i have a lemon ... ... i looked on the forum and it seems that they all have some kind of problem ...

ps: im from Mtl and my first language is french ...

Old 09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Short Wait
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't experienced any of those problems you mentioned yet. "Knock on Wood". Don't worry about the English thing, I can't speak French at all so you have the advantage. Ha Ha...

Old 09-16-2008, 06:13 AM
MIMICOOPER08
Neutral
the thing is ... that my engine is still making a weird noise ... and sometime my passenger windows wont go up automatic...
and my driver windows is still making noise when its ''humide'' outside (when i open or closed them)

i went a the dealer ...they make me look like a stupid jack-***... nothing was making noise on the spot ... they try evrything .... and this week ... its still doing it ........... IT S**C i don't wana go back to the dealer ... i think ill wait till they broke (its still under warranty ) ****** its an 2008.5 with not even 8000K on it !!! my GF got a VW city 08 and it doesn't do thos kind of crapy thing ... she had the cd playeur replace cuz it was skipping .. ch*t happen ... but that much ................

Old 09-16-2008, 06:44 AM
Apple
6th Gear
Mine also is a week 25 and no issues at all in 2 months as for you girlfriends car Just wait I had many Vw's never again for me!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:26 AM
MIMICOOPER08
Neutral
now its my transmition that is making a weird noise when i start form a stop sighn .... its clicking from the passenger side ....... ITS SU*C ...

and sometime ... when im on the triptonic mode ... if i down shift from 2 to 1 ... its stay in 2 on the cluster....
or if i start from 2 ...3...4...5.... it won't shift to 6 on the dash bord cluster but it shift in the transmition .... so im in 6th gear .. but my cluster will only display 5 .... and if i down shift from there ... it go down to 4 on the cluster ... but im in 5th ... and all way down to 1 ... and i shift down again my display will go off and on showing that im in 1 and frome there its ok ........... weirdddd
any solution ..... ??
i went to the dealer ... and becose its not a permanent probleme .. they can't do Sh*t..........

Old 09-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Ian Venieri
3rd Gear
Ils sont tous de citrons mon vieux.

Or, they're all lemons mate.

Keep your paperwork and ask for a replacement car or your money back.

I am waiting for the replacement car but if this one is a lemon as well then I'll be taking the money down the street to the Honda dealer.

Good luck.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:54 PM
checkercoop
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am having very similar issues as you. Mine is an october 07 build though. I had the water pump problem, but now I have another annoying whine at idle. I am just now having that issue with my driver side window. Here is the link to my post with problems. I am going to the dealer tomorrow to talk about a replacement because I am fed up; I have a lemon.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...t+disappointed

Old 09-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Ian Venieri
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by checkercoop
I am going to the dealer tomorrow to talk about a replacement because I am fed up; I have a lemon.

Best way to get a quick resolution:

-Pay an attorney with a long letterhead $100 to write a brief letter putting BMW North America (all the names you can find) AND the Dealer on notice of actions to follow. No need to be specific other than "defects identified in exhibit C" but no such exhibit is attached at this point.

-Deliver the letter in person, accompanied by a witness, to the GM and have him sign a receipt. If he declines tell him that the alternative is a court server and that the action will be recorded in his BBB record.

-Explain calmly what you want and give them 6 hours to respond in writing. Remind him, if need be, that discovery depositions will be taken in New Jersey where the action will be filed and that your counsel intends to depose every single employee of his dealership that ever laid eyes on you or your car.

Unless your dealer is a certified idiot you will get what you want. In case he is a certified idiot proceed as above but retain the best Lemon Law legal office in the four counties and let them go to work for you. They get paid by BMW and dealer.

Good luck.