Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Buuuuzzzz. Buzzzzzz. Click. click

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008 | 12:14 PM
callahan00
|
5th Gear
Buuuuzzzz. Buzzzzzz. Click. click

My April 08 build R56 has developed a annoying "Buzz in the drivers door at lowere speeds up to around a 50 and an intermediate click noise comg from the Boot.

Fo those of you who have experienced probles like this, how successfull has the dealer been in findong and fixing them?

Old 09-26-2008 | 01:20 PM
lacning74
6th Gear
Originally Posted by callahan00
My April 08 build R56 has developed a annoying "Buzz in the drivers door at lowere speeds up to around a 50 and an intermediate click noise comg from the Boot.

Fo those of you who have experienced probles like this, how successfull has the dealer been in findong and fixing them?
Does pressing anywhere make the rattle go away. My lower driver's door dash trim rattled a lot especially after I installed new speakers with more bass. I fixed it with foam weatherstripping.

Not sure about your boot clicking noise. Thumping noises are normal from the gas tank venting. Is your hatch loose? That has been a documented problem as well. Also rear seat latch rattles.

Dealer experience seems to vary. Toughest thing is to make sure they hear the rattle.

Old 11-20-2008 | 07:06 AM
ManleyJCW
1st Gear
Maybe if you start pushing on stuff the rattle will go away? Depending on how bad it is. I know I have a few little rattles here and there and I pinpoint them by pushing on things and the rattle goes away. Don't usually have to deal with it much after that.

Also I've heard the click as well. But I have traced it to happening when I let off the accelerator at the right rpms. I thought at first it was maybe because I was shifting or something, but with everything off I can definitely hear it coming from the back, and I think to be the driver's side. I've been wondering what this is too! Does anyone know!!!