Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Noises, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 01:44 PM
pmustang
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noises, any suggestions?

I have three noises in my 06 MCS

I am in the UK so my car is RHDrive, when I am driving there is a rattle near the bottom of the door or possibly in the bottom of the rear interior side panel? I have yet to be able to find it exactly as the noise comes and goes, it takes a specific type of road surface to get it going. Sounds like a hose or bundle of wires rattling against a panel, Any suggestions? this started after the dealer put a massive ding in my car and I found the rear interior side panel pulled away from the clips. I think it could be related,

I get a rather loud howling noise from the front of the car when going briskly. I can't say it is not air related, I am just worried it is something mechanical. I have seen other threads on this but no one had a distinct answer. It definitely comes out at a specific speed and does not occur at other speeds. When it happens it increases in volume with an increase in speed

I get a strange noise from the front Right corner of the car when going over a bump, I can only think it is the front strut, it appears to be on extension of the strut, thus when going over a hump or bump it drops down and makes a noise.

Any suggestions are very welcome, The car has 21k miles and is still under warrantee so when I bring it in for service I will hopefully get them to take care of these.

cheers. peter