Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Hazard lights turn on/off on their own

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Brother_Bluto
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hazard lights turn on/off on their own

Today someone came in my office and said my hazard lights were blinking and was concerned about my battery. So we start walking out to the parking lot, and sure enough through the window I see my Clubman's (front) hazard lights blinking. But by the time I hit the front door and got outside, they were no longer blinking.

Has anyone else experienced such an occurance?

Old 04-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Stanislaus
4th Gear
I had a Chevy Malibu with this problem, and it was the multiswitch located in the steering column.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:46 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto
Today someone came in my office and said my hazard lights were blinking and was concerned about my battery. So we start walking out to the parking lot, and sure enough through the window I see my Clubman's (front) hazard lights blinking. But by the time I hit the front door and got outside, they were no longer blinking.

Has anyone else experienced such an occurance?
Do you have an alarm?? If so it is possible that the alarm was activated, but due to the length of time it remained on the horn may have turned off and the Hazards remained flashing.

Just my .02

Old 04-10-2009, 05:00 PM
tedswoods
5th Gear
No offense now, but what is it with those Clubmans? Hazards coming on by themselves, barn doors opening and closing on their own, barn doors NOT opening. Maybe it's time to call in Jason & Grant, the Ghosthunters...

Good luck; hope you get it cleared up.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Ken G.
4th Gear
Since all the lights are controlled through the car's computer, I would have the dealer check out the ECU. I've heard of other problems with operation of the lights to get corrected with an ECU change.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 AM
rickflairne
1st Gear
Anyone else have this problem? Just happend to my '12 clubman S today and I don't think it was the alarm as I was sitting in the restaurant near the door and people were opening the door every couple of minutes. I would have been able to here the horn.

Mine were the rear lights but that's all I could see as I approached. As soon as I hit unlock on my remote it stopped blinking. I have comfort access and locked it from the door handle. Don't know if that makes a difference.