Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Leaky windows, bad trunk latch...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:26 PM
marshall07
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaky windows, bad trunk latch...

I've recently had my clutch replaced in my 2009 JCW... now a couple of new (well kind of) problems have arisen...

First, I noticed that water is seeping into the window seal... when i wash the car, i noticed moisture is getting in on the other side of the window. i double checked to make sure the window was all the way. the when i opened the door, it did the customary shift down, and shift back up when i closed the door... even then, moisture was getting in on the other side of the window. i already had an issue with the passenger side... the window would slide down when you opened the car door, but wouldnt go back up when you closed the door... any one else experience window issues???

the next problem is the rear trunk latch... it makes a loud "clackety clack" sound when i pop the trunk... when you close the trunk, you basically have to slam it shut, otherwise you get the annoying "ding" that trunk is open... sometimes, i'll pop the trunk on the remote, and it won't open... on my first visit to the dealer, they said they fixed and replaced the locking mechanism... but this is still happening... anyone else deal with this issue? i've scheduled another appt at the dealer...

lastly, i have the cold start issue... but last time they said they couldnt replicate it... i said it was the tensioner issue, but they denied any knowledge of it... after they replaced my clutch, i asked them about the cold start chatter... hilarious, they said "oh.. that was the clutch, so it should be fixed now"... funny... the next morning when i started the car, i had the cold start chatter again... so, i will ask them about again this time when i take the car in...

my only other problem is that my front tires are wearing out to fast!!! i have to say, the car is a blast to drive, but these stock issues are getting annoying... plus, my local dealer doesn't hand out loaners...

Old 05-12-2009, 04:44 PM
DNadar
3rd Gear
off topic, but what happened to the clutch? how many miles?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:20 PM
healey67
4th Gear
Originally Posted by marshall07
my only other problem is that my front tires are wearing out to fast!!! .

DUH.... thats what happened to the clutch. That is ridiculous.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:23 PM
marshall07
2nd Gear
clutch seems fine... but don't get me wrong, i'm not abusing it... i'm just driving the car the way it was meant to be... ok back to original topic, so noone else has had window or trunk issues? luckily, i didn't get a sunroof on my car...