Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Exhaust Campaign on 07 MC

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:43 AM
zamojers
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Campaign on 07 MC

Just took my 07 mini in for service (oil, etc) and they said they needed to take down my exhaust and see if it was part of a campaign to replace the catalytic converter. Got the call a day later and said my MINI was and the Service tech made it sound like they were replacing my whole exhaust system. Anyone else experience this here lately and does anyone have further details?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:43 AM
ifly
1st Gear
Had check engine light come on Wednesday, dropped it off at the dealer and the fault code indicated the Catalytic converter so it was changed under the campaign requirements!

They indicated this had become a widespread issue and a letter was being sent out some time this month to affected owners.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 AM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
A little more discussion here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...converter.html

I am interested in this because I have a 9/07 MC. Any more info/experiences would be appreciated. In any case I'll call my SA/MA soon to see if my car is included in this.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:08 AM
zamojers
1st Gear
Actually, I just got our MC back yesterday and per the the campaign details printed on the service report they have to take down your converter, ~3-4 hrs, and check to see if the number that is on it is 05 or lower. If so, they must replace the cat. Mine fell under this and was replaced and apparently this is the reason my check engine light would come on intermittently and they could never give me a diagnosis. So it doesn't seem to be too major of an issue and it actually didn't take as long as expected since they did have to special order the cat. Thus, your SA/MA cannot simply tell you over the phone if your MC is included. You have to take it in so that they can take down your cat and I think most of the exhaust. I'll have to look at the report again but I think I remember reading something about my exhaust manifold too.