Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

clicking or tapping arround sun roof and rear glass

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM
vwroom
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clicking or tapping arround sun roof and rear glass

Hello i have a 2002 MCS with coil overs and a custom bolt in roll hoop with rear supports. So I have some noises in the cabin. I have the normal sunroof tapping problem coming from the wind deflectors in the front and I was able to reduce it to only making noise over major bumps. However, I also have a tapping or a clicking that seems to be comming from the driver side sunroof glass and from the rear glass that doesn't move.

I have tried tightening the fastners in the sun roof frame and checked plastic trim but i cannot seem to eliminate the noise. I also checked to make sure the roll hoop wasn't making contact somewhere and I am fairly certain that it has nothing to do with it. It seems to happen only when on semi-rough roads or going over bumps and it happens in bursts of multiple tapping or clicking.

The sound is almost like someone is dropping little pebbles on the glass or if someone was seperating velcro one little loop at a time or like heavy rain drops. It has stopped once when I was driving the car on a particularly warm day for Seattle (high 70s).

Any ideas or suggestions?

Bryan