Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

MCS High Fuel Pressure Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:10 PM
sziehr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MCS High Fuel Pressure Issues

Good Day,
I am starting a new thread cause this just seems weirder than the others my issue that is. So i take the car into the shop for a CEL back at like 3000 miles on the car they clear the CEL replace the High Pressure Fuel pump and on my way i am told to be. Flash Forward to a week ago I get in the car and turn it on to find a CEL. I whisk the car back to the service center lucky for me i am like 10 miles from Mini of Nashville. They check the code get the same issue miss fire cylinders #2 #3. The fuel rail is reading crazy weird numbers like 3.0 to 9.0 in this weird range even after being a warm engine. They say we need to set you a longer visit for this issue. I oblige them this and make it for the fallowing Tuesday just after the holiday weekend. I tell them i am going to drive hundreds of miles and i do not want to be in limp mode and i ask for the code to be cleared. The tech goes and clears the code which puts the car in limp mode but he also clears the fuel maps and the "learned information". Now to this week they have had the car for about three days now with no luck at making the car act up. Note on my trip one morning i got a huge plum of black smoke from the exhaust. They are trying to tell me that now that the learned information from the car is gone that the car is acting normally and that they are failing to reproduce the issue. This is the second time for this problem to creep up.
They are going to keep it over the weekend and keep trying to re-create the issue. I for one am a little hot they had it right there in there hands the last friday and did not want to give me a loaner car cause i was going out of state and would not be covered by there insurance. So i take the car that has been cleared code and now the whole issue is blowing up in my face. If i take the car again back from them and they have replaced no parts am i wrong to feel that it will fail again. Have you ever heard that a learned mapping cause the fuel pressure to swing wildly or cause miss fires? If i keep driving the car the mappings will re-learn and then the problem will re-surface for a 3rd time. That in my states constitutes a lemon. What should i do about this. I have been nice about it so far. My family is not so happy with the car or my nice attitude.
Vital stats:
Nashville ,TN
car 2009 MCS
milage 4800
trips for issue 3 times totaling now
1 trip for engine noise cold start chatter no help from them did not even measure my chain cause they can not reproduce the issue again.