Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Can't fix window issue due to non-factory amp installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009 | 05:59 PM
timsmini2
|
Neutral
Can't fix window issue due to non-factory amp installed

I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I took my 08 MCS to the dealership due to the windows for the third time (windows not closing after door is closed). This time I was informed that they just recieved a new bulletin from MINI with additional troubleshooting (besides just reprogramming the software), and if this doesn't help they will install a new module for the windows. The issue I am having is, this update also checks other factory installed software/hardware like the factory amp. I have replaced the factory amp with a better one, which is now causing issues for getting my windows fixed. The software troubleshooting/upgrade goes through several checks, one of them is checking to see if the amp is still installed. Since it does not see it, it fails and stops the fix for the windows. They are wanting me to install the factory amp for them to fix my windows. It seems that they can not bypass this check.

Has anyone else been told this? or experienced this??

Old 08-09-2009 | 08:52 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Yes, this issue has been reported here before. The general recommendation is that if you replace the HiFi amp, you should reconnect the original amp before taking the car in for dealer service. My guess is that the software is poorly implemented and not modular, and all of the software is updated (not just the problem being fixed) so it wants to verify the full configuration.

Old 08-10-2009 | 04:29 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
This has been a long standing (since gen 2's came out) that the OEM parts MUST be there for the couputer trouble shooting and programing. I.E. any part that was OEM that was repalced has to go back into the car before any repairs can be done.