Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Door Lock Curse

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 02:45 PM
philmas
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Lock Curse

Quote: Originally posted by shatzy62

CAS module = Car Access System - and it is located under the dash pad above the steering wheel. very difficult to get to. It controls all the access functions to the car like door locks, door release mechanisims etc. it also interfaces with the Foot well module to make the car power on as doors are unlocked etc.

...both of these items can only be replaced by the dealer as thery are coded to the VIN Number of the car and keys.
I have a 2003 MCS that is experiencing the door lock curse that so many owners have had. From what I've read, my problem is a little different. Electronic access stopped working on both doors, the rear hatch, and gas cap all at once. When I push the key FOB button, it doesn't do anything, no electronic sounds. The toggle switch inside won't work either. I can open the drivers side door manually and must unlock the passenger door / hatch / gas cap manually. My key FOB still does one thing. If I hold it down, it will open the sunroof and windows. This make me assume that there is a problem with a control module or relay that would run all actuators and switches for the doors. From schatzy62's post above, it sounds like this might be something that only a dealer can fix. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any feedback would be appreciated.

P.S. I tried unhooking the battery for 10 minutes to reset the computer and replacing & reprogramming my keys to no avail.