Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

crevier loaner...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 AM
marshall07
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crevier loaner...

... they don't have a dealer section on the board so i didnt know where else to post this...

In any event, I'm at Crevier Mini/BMW to drop off the JCW for it's 15,000 mile service today in addition to my shift **** falling off and the cold start chatter issue. They provide me a loaner 328 for the day.

We walk out to the car to do the customary inspection, everything checks out and the gal says "OK, let's just turn on the engine to VERIFY the fuel level". The paperwork says there should be 3/4 of a tank. It's actually around 5/8th full. She says "OK there's 3/4 of a tank". I wouldn't think it would be an issue accept the last time I dropped off a loaner, I was right under the stated tick mark and received a $9.00 charge on my credit card for gas. That time, ok.. it was my fault, and I was running late so I didn't care. But this was not cool... so I say to her "Uhhh, well there is actually less than 3/4 of a tank, see?" She goes on to tell me that they round up on the gas chart. Huh? So I say again, "But you are telling me I'm responsible for 3/4 of a tank, but there's not even 3/4 of a tank." She says again, yes... that's because we round up. So I tell her "So you are saying, that if I returned this car RIGHT NOW, without even driving the car off the lot, you are going to charge me because I am short of 3/4?" She shrugs, and says, "The paperwork says 3/4 so I can't change it." Isn't that why I turned on the car in the first place??? To VERIFY the fuel? Anyways, we go back and forth, and I need to get to work so I just drive off... absolutely ridiculous.

It's really not the money... What could it be at most, $10? But the thought of how they are squeezing you is so blah... When my wife get's her loaners from Fletcher Jones MB, or when I get a loaner from Tustin Lexus, we NEVER EVER EVER have had to deal with this. Are they SO desperate in a down economy that they have to pull the shaft on everyone with a loaner? Is it because I drive a Mini JCW and not a M5? Why should that matter? Overall, it's not a big deal, but it is kind of annoying... I am starting to remember why I have always had my reservations about Crevier. I'm just sad that I actually recently referred a friend to them who bought a 750....

Old 11-10-2009, 10:44 AM
joshK
4th Gear
I never have to deal with such things @ Nick Alexander. Speak with your business and find a new dealer.

For your current situation - Just drive the fuel out of it and fill it with 87.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:41 PM
marshall07
2nd Gear
wouldnt be such a big deal, but it's only a 10 mile round trip to my work and back when i pick up my car. i actually have to go out of my way a bit to get to the gas station...

Old 11-10-2009, 02:48 PM
marshall07
2nd Gear
oh... but I should mention I got my belt tensioner replaced today... so I don't mind the gas in the loaner... right now, I'm really happy...

Old 11-11-2009, 12:00 PM
k3v1n
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a loaner from them about 3 weeks ago. The gas was a tiiiiny bit below the 1/2 mark and they put 1/2 tank on the paperwork. I returned it with the same amount (tiny bit below the 1/2 mark) and they never charged me.

The only problem I had was the manual seat adjustment on the 328i was not functioning and the seat would not go down. I'm about 5'11 and my head was almost sticking out of the sunroof the whole time.

Other than that, I have no complaints with their service. Maybe you just had a moody person checking your loaner that day. I'm coming from a VW so I was just ecstatic about the fact I even get a loaner and not a shuttle van home.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
pray4dirt
2nd Gear
I had a different issue after I returned a loaner from Crevier. It was a 328i. They called me over a week after I returned the car and tried to charge me over $300.00 for a (?) "nail flat" repair on a tire. I complained that it was ridiculous that they would call me this late. I had to make three phone calls and demanded to speak to the manager before the services representative told me that it was a "mistake." WTF!!!

Should I have them jack the loaner car up every time I return a loaner car to have them to inspected the wheels, so I don't get d_ck around next time?