Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

lost interior lighting...along with high beams and fogs???

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009 | 09:26 AM
Barchinski
|
2nd Gear
lost interior lighting...along with high beams and fogs???

Hi

So last night I was driving home and I noticed that it seemed a bit darker than usual in my mini. It took me about a minute to realize all my interior lighting was off. I had no lights on my speedometer, doors, ceiling, sides and then I checked my high-beams and they didnt work along with the fog lights. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I checked it this morning and still nothing. I'm thinking a fuse is gone but really dont know...any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Old 12-06-2009 | 06:11 PM
gregsmini
4th Gear
I had a problem similar to yours a while back. I have my lights set-up so they are always on. I also keep the headlamp switch set to automatic. I got it back from the dealer and my interior lights and fog lights did not work.

The problem was the headlamp switch was turned off. It took me a while to figure it out since I never turn off the lights. My suggestion is to check your headlight switch on the turn signal stalk.

Old 12-07-2009 | 11:02 AM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gregsmini
The problem was the headlamp switch was turned off. It took me a while to figure it out since I never turn off the lights. My suggestion is to check your headlight switch on the turn signal stalk.
So, you had the daytime running lamps set to on, but auto headlights off? I don't use either with Xenons because I don't want them firing up unnecessarily. Although Xenons have a long bulb life, I've heard that the ignighters don't and are expensive to replace. Do the high beams not work with daytime running lights? If that's true, could be what happened to Barchinski.

Old 12-08-2009 | 12:37 AM
BensMini
6th Gear
Still might be a good idea to check the fuse box.

Old 12-20-2009 | 08:00 AM
Xeraux
4th Gear
Speaking of interior lights...

Just picked up a 2010 Cooper S Clubman last night. I inadvertently held the interior light switch for three seconds or so and, according to my owner's manual, switched off my interior lights "permanently". While I'm sure it's not "permanently" as in, "never to come on again within the lifetime of this car", but "until the time as you see fit to turn them back on".

Soooo...

Can anyone tell how to turn the $*#@( things back on?