Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Door Locks....funny...kind of

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:54 PM
The Green Bastard
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Locks....funny...kind of

I got a call from my wife this AM at work. She was on the cell, in the parking lot of her work and was locked in the car. the lock buttons were moving up and down but both passenger and driver doors were inop. I quickly went to my desk and googled a solution and came up with resetting the computer by holding down the lock button for 10 sec. with the key in posn. 1

that didn't work....
while I was back looking she started pressing random buttons and voila...it opened. When she got home....I heard a beep in the lane....there she was...same thing....I fiddled with it by unhooking the battery briefly and trying the same sequence from this morning....nothing...then I was pressing the fob and trying the door it opened. so here I am.....

as we speak the battery is unhooked fro the last 30 minutes.

oops
2003 MCS.

Help.....

Last edited by The Green Bastard; 03-02-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 03-02-2010, 07:56 PM
MINIsotaS
1st Gear
I had a similar problem but with my windows. My passenger window would move up and down like it does when the door is opened. Eventually it stopped working all together and I cannot roll my window down... Also the lock on the driver side stopped working shortly after... This is just the beginning of the problems I am having right now. Sorry my post wasn't of any help...

Old 03-02-2010, 08:11 PM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by The Green Bastard
I got a call from my wife this AM at work. She was on the cell, in the parking lot of her work and was locked in the car. the lock buttons were moving up and down but both passenger and driver doors were inop. I quickly went to my desk and googled a solution and came up with resetting the computer by holding down the lock button for 10 sec. with the key in posn. 1

that didn't work....
while I was back looking she started pressing random buttons and voila...it opened. When she got home....I heard a beep in the lane....there she was...same thing....I fiddled with it by unhooking the battery briefly and trying the same sequence from this morning....nothing...then I was pressing the fob and trying the door it opened. so here I am.....

as we speak the battery is unhooked fro the last 30 minutes.

oops
2003 MCS.

Help.....
How old is your battery ? Electrical gremilins come out when the battery has difficulty holding a proper charge.

Originally Posted by MINIsotaS
I had a similar problem but with my windows. My passenger window would move up and down like it does when the door is opened. Eventually it stopped working all together and I cannot roll my window down... Also the lock on the driver side stopped working shortly after... This is just the beginning of the problems I am having right now. Sorry my post wasn't of any help...
Sounds like the door module. Is the window stuck all the way up or just down a smidge so you can hear wind noise when travelling down the road ?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
MINIsotaS
1st Gear
Originally Posted by -=gRay rAvEn=-
Sounds like the door module. Is the window stuck all the way up or just down a smidge so you can hear wind noise when travelling down the road ?
It is stuck all the way up so its hard to get it to close properly.