Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Car Wouldn't Ideal Right

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:20 AM
MRE7986
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Wouldn't Ideal Right

Has anyone experience this before.

Heres what I did,

Yesterday in Buffalo it was 80 at my work so I was driving the fun way fast. I got home talked to a verizon fios dude for about 30min.s. Then left to meet the girlfriend at her sisters house a 30min. trip. I leave my place it was still 80 out, I headed for the highway be the lake the temp start to drop I was going 90 and the air temp dropped from 80 to 63 and it was like that for about 20 mins. then got off the highway and head more inland away from the lake and the air temp went back up to 73.

Then issue,

at the red lights me car would almost stall then rev up to 1200rpm then drop and almost stall and rev up. it did it everytime I would hit a red light and sit and ideal. I hooked my scan tool up and no codes or misfires.

We drove her mini to dinner and sat at her sisters for 3 hours. then I drove home. I was neverous at fritst but got more confidence when a 350z decide he was going to rice by me , so I decided lets see if shes working right. so after he passed me and while hes was still on it, I pushed that pedal to the floor and that supercharger throw me up his bumper then past him. Got home and the car ideal perfect.

Any Ideas on what it could have been.

Bad gas? ECU adjusting? or a sensor fighting to stay alive.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:23 PM
JumpingJackFlash
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak. Should be nothing serious. If you want to troubleshoot yourself, look for loose vacuum tubes/hoses, especially the PCV hose. Take about a 3' length of small hose (about 5/32"), hold one end up to your ear, and hold the other end of the hose around the engine to listen for vacuum leaks.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 PM
YearOneMCS
1st Gear
Sounds to me like your car was in serious need of a typing/grammar lesson. Take to the nearest dealer ASAP.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:30 AM
MRE7986
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by YearOneMCS
Sounds to me like your car was in serious need of a typing/grammar lesson. Take to the nearest dealer ASAP.
Funny? The spell check don't work on my things and yes my car can't spell.
No way will I take it to the dealer around here, they lost there good tech that knows everything.

I will have to listen, But its not doing it anymore. Im taking to the shop that guy start since he left mini, but I'm not sure if we will find anything. I was thinking its the pressure sensor before the supercharger due to the reason when the absolute manifold pressure one failed the car would ideal the same way.

Does anyone know what the black looking radiator hose that the pressure sensor is hooked up to next to the air box is. I don't want to pull that sensor and find out radiator fluid is in there.

Ok it ready for your spell check! YearOneMCS

Old 04-03-2010, 08:00 AM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
...I was going 90 and the air temp dropped from 80 to 63 and it was like that for about 20 mins. then got off the highway and head more inland away from the lake and the air temp went back up to 73.

...I was neverous at fritst but got more confidence when a 350z decided he was going to race by me , so I decided lets see if shes working right. so after he passed me and while hes was still on it, I pushed that pedal to the floor and that supercharger throw me up his bumper then past him. Got home and the car ideal perfect.

LEGAL
Posts relating to street racing, excessive speeding, or violations of other laws are prohibited. If you want to race, take it to a legal venue.
As for you issue with idling, I'd just run some Sea Foam through the tank and chalk this instance up as bad gas, dirty injectors, or dirty sensors - all of which Sea Foam will fix.