Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

WOOOHOOOO... I FIXED IT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 03:32 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ocso1606
What did the dealer tell you about the intercooler?
Actually that was the part that kind of pissed me off.

When I took my car in for diagnostics, they hooked it up to a computer and ran through a computer "flow chart".

It basically told them to check this, if that works or gives the right reading, check that, etc, etc...

After a series of questions, the computer asks, "is the car intercooled"?

Yes, they answer.

"Is the intercooler stock"? is it's next question.

No you say???? Well, STOP THE PRESSES!

I stopped to talk to the service manager and was told they couldn't go any further and my problem was probably the fact that the intercooler wasn't stock.

Come on, I told her, that intercooler has been on there for over 18K miles and half a dozen track days. Don't you think if the intercooler was incompabtible, it would have thrown a code before now?

I understand the intercooler was aftermarket but they could have simply typed in "yes" for it being stock just to see what the next diagnostic step should have been.

THAT'S why I was disgusted with their lack of trying to fix this problem... if they truly wanted to check it out, they could have simply said yes to the intercooler question.

In all fairness, I did bring the car to them a week earlier and they reset the limp home mode light without charging me or an appt. So I guess it's not that don't care... they need to quit being so rigid as far as "dotting the i's and crossing the t's"

Mark

Old 05-16-2010, 07:40 PM
old81
M6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark,

I had my dealer install my Helix, they were happy to do it. Of course, so far no issues. It has been on a number of months.

I do wonder how it would play out if I had an issue that they need to resolve for me.

I will have to see if the Launch device will reset some of the deep codes on the R56, we have down at the shop. Hummmm.

Glad you have the issues worked out. Or are working them out.

Don